Thanks dear :) Good to know that it brought you some good memories. Personally, I prefer to make this dish using Njaalippoovan as I find it tastier. Yeah, i tried it nd came out awesome!! Chena and Payar, Achinga Payar Kaya, beans and carrot, beetroot and carrot all are tasty combos and great accompaniments for rice. Saute till the onions till they turn transparent and then add kaya,payar and turmeric powder. If you liked this, share this with your friends & family... Have I told you about the Kerala restaurants in Bahrain? Red beans with green banana is a delicious pairing. Mezhukkupurattiis a Kerala specialty prepared with vegetable stir-fried with garlic, onions or shallots and spices. Discover below the best of MariasMenu! Since I make Kerala fare regularly at home, we are not frequent visitors of these hotels. The banana is also added to a lot of popular dishes as well as cooked on its own in dishes like kaya thoran and kaya mezhukkupuratti. I liked it so much and concentrated my whole appetite on this. The paandi vazhakka is the one used to make most raw banana dishes in Kerala. Add oil and splutter mustard seeds. While mine had a mat finish look, the restaurant one had a glossy look.  I couldn't bring myself to add that much oil. It can be prepared with many vegetables like Raw Banana (Kaya), Yam (Chena), Carrot, Potato. Preparation : Peel and cut the potatoes into 1” pieces. Great Reciepi & very exiting thoughts Maria. This Mezhukkupuratti is unique and delicious with cooked potato pieces sautéed with flavorful seasonings. Popcorn Shrimp-Prawns Popcorn Recipe with Video. Slice green chilli into 3-4 pieces. Step 5. Beans Mezhukkupuratti / Kerala Style Green Beans Stir Fry. Thanks a lot Simi :) I’m happy that you liked it. Wil definitely let u knw hw it came….. Its a simple mezhukkuperatti but Im sure it wl taste yum:-). I perfer coconut oil for Upperi/Mezhukkupuratti ,since the coconut oil gives the dish a very unique flavor and taste. But since I like it’s flavour, I’m ok with it :), I wish i had this right now, supr supr DROOLIE delicious, Definitely worth trying!!! Hope it came out well. Unripe Bananas are used for making different side dishes in Kerala. Dec 29, 2015 - Kaya Achinga Payar Mezhukkupuratti - കായ അച്ചിങ്ങ പയർ മെഴുക്കുപുരട്ടി is a Kerala style stir fry. Sharing Is Caring! Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Long beans (cowpea string beans) are called achinaga payar in Malayalam. Mezhukkupuratti is yet another wonderful Kerala (South India) recipe which means coated with oil. I liked it so much and concentrated my whole appetite on this. You can make it either mat finish or glossy, obviously the glossy one is more tastier. When you are running out of fresh stock, this amazing dish comes in handy, a very nutritious and tasty side dish. Raw Plantains (Vazhakka) are mostly used for making Thoran, Mezhkkupuratti, Erisheri and so on. Love to have that with some curd and rice. Then add chopped onion and saute for 2mins then add coconut pieces.Saute for few mins. Though the above vegetables are the traditional ones used to make mezhukkupuratti… Thanks Fathima :) Good to know that you are also based in Bahrain. Do you remember the “meals ready” board that used to be displayed in front of the hotels back home? The only difference I felt between my version and the restaurant one is in the looks. It was so delicious, i was so sad when it got over! Cook potato covered for 8-10 min, stirring occasionally until all water absorbed and potato … Ethakka/Kaaya/Vazhakka Mezhupuratti can be made with two types of raw banana. I had had potato mezhukkuperatti before, but the combination of kaya n potato was new to me. I am a fan of Kerala restaurants too and they are in abundance,here in Chennai.I am not a big fan of garlic though and the vegetarian curries/stir fries are loaded with it,that’s my only complaint!But the payasam served in the end compensates for it:).Love the combo of kaya and potato-got to try! They’re tried, tasted and trusted by over 125,000 smart cooks. Potato Mezhukkupuratti or Spicy Potato Stir fry or Urulla kizhaghu Mezhukku puratti is a simple and tasty Kerala style vegetable preparation. Now add cooked achinga payar and kaya into this and mix everything well. Mezhukkupuratti or stir fried vegetables can be … Please do try it sometime and I do hope you like it. നേന്ത്രക്കായ മെഴുക്കുപുരട്ടി | … March 13, 2018 March 13, 2018 lhadmin. Raw, green banana, with a potato-like flavor, is used as a veggie, and cooked in many of the same ways as a potato. If you are so particular about the qty of ginger, garlic, curry leaves in your dish n how it is chopped/sliced, those sort of things, then I think those places are not meant for you :) If you ask me, some of them do a real good job and you get to taste home cooked style food at a very reasonable price. Switch off the gas after the vegetable are well cooked ; Yummy and easy Kaya Payar Mezhukkupuratti is ready to serve with rice. Our friends who left Bahrain for good say that, the one thing they miss most about this place is the Kerala restaurants here. In the end the waiter started … A friend told me that they cook Raw Plantains with Tapioca/Yuca and it tastes excellent.Vazhakka is also cooked with different kinds of Payaru (Beans) such as Achinga Payaru, … Kaya/Raw Banana are boiled with little water and tossed with seasoned oil. Now add little water and cook covered. Vazakka /Ethakka /Kaya Mezhukkupuratti […] Mulaku Bajji-Molaga Bajji-Chilly/Banana Pepper Fritters & Bell Pepper/Capsicum Bajji/Fritters. Long yard beans are called achinga in many parts of Kerala, the pronunciation of which is hard to get if you are not a Malayalam-speaker 🙂 You dont miss home much :) I'm sure back home this boards are replaced with flex boards n stuff. Mezhupuratti is a kerala style simple stir fry where the vegetables are blanched and then blended with onion garlic paste seasoned with coconut oil.’Mezhukku’ means ‘oil’ in Malayalam & ‘Puratti’ means ‘smear’ so that explains it all. Kaya Achinga … Love to have that with some curd and rice. Very simple, very tasty :)) loved it. Mezhukkupuratti can be made with many vegetables but the popular ones being Kaya, Kaya (Raw Banana),Chena (Elephant Yam),Carrot,Achinga Payar (Long Kaya… Check for salt. Mix well. Cut raw plantain to small cubes. thankyoo maria :). It should not be substituted with big onions. Thanks Sharon dear :) Hope things are great at your end. Mezhukkupuratti is yet another wonderful Kerala (South India) recipe which means coated with oil. But I should say, it's a minority. For a decent price, you get a wide variety of spread with 2-3 non veg items and 4-5 veg items and dont forget the payasam in the end! From that day onwards I wanted to try this at home. I agree with you that small onions give a totally different flavour to the dish. When the mustard seeds start spluttering, add the broken dry red chilies and curry leaves, fry for a … Today I have prepared with Beans. yeah the whole taste of the dish comes from small onion I think :) Thanks for the comment. Dec 28, 2018 - Nenthra Kaya Mezhukkupuratti/ Ethakka Mezhukkupuratti How to make easy and delicious side dish for rice - Vazhakka Mezhukkupuratti. Looks yummy.. Will surely try out…me too based in Bahrain… Which is the restaurant that you have mentioned above.. Will like to check that out too… :). In the end the waiter started giving me a weird look, because I just had a spoonful of rice and almost a plateful of this! In a kadai or pan heat coconut oil - add crushed garlic,add curry leaves and green chilli.Saute for a minute. It’s Sahar restaurant.. 2. Thanks Mary! Add a tbsp of coconut oil. Now add long beans along with turmeric powder,salt and red chilli powder.Saute well. I dont know how I missed telling you about it… Anyways, there are so many Kerala restaurants here starting from our typical chaya kada (tea shop) style ones to upmarket Kerala theme restaurants. Cook till the shallots turn brown. This is sort of a comfort food and I make it spicy with all the tempering. Sprinkle little water and allow the vegetables to cook. Achinga Payar Kaya Mezhukkupuratti is a tasty side dish for rice. Did you get a chance to try it? Raw Banana is known as Kaya in Malayalam. A simple, authentic, & quintessential side dish from the Land of Coconuts, Kerala, made with the goodness of coconut that is wonderfully flavorful! Saute until onions turn transparent. In a cooking vessel/pan, add pachakaya /raw banana cubes and achinga payar /long beans with little water along with turmeric powder and salt, cover bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes. Heat a pan. Mezhukkupuratti or stir fried vegetables can be made with most vegetables like Beans, Potato, Achinga (long beans), Kaya, Kovakka, Vendakka, chena, koorkka etc. This is a perfect and desirable side dish with boiled rice and chamandhi or …
2020 kaya potato mezhukkupuratti