I climbed down the gully with a black bag and got her, tried to fix her by putting guase all around her and had her cremated. Theres a slim chance it could have been a different but im not going for a secomd look.Sorry for any typos. They are trying to teach us how to hunt like they do. He was the neighborhood cat. She was dead and disemboweled. We had a very unfortunate experience this weekend while sitting a dog who has come to our house many times in the past. My wife witnessed a raccoon kill and eat about an 8 week old kitten. As far as cats being killed by wild animals, this does happen, probably more than you think. Here’s a man who pled guilty and got 30 days in jail and 3 years probation. Join in and write your own page! In other words, if you hit a deer, or run over a cat, you are within your rights to drive on. Saw nothing when I went outside. It wasn’t a big deal. Still, you will usually see no other signs of disturbance. She said it could have been a weazel or a raccoon and thought it wasn't freshly killed. This will stick with me. Call the police? No cat. I fear something got her. They all knew him and liked him.He went MISSING ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO. I also don't like letting my other cats out now as I am afraid another one will be killed. Another disappeared last night. Stray cats in my yard were running her off. Fair enough. We were almost sure he was attacked elsewhere and brought to the green belt as my son and neighbor did not see him earlier on. They kill a lot more than they are able to eat in one sitting and normally dig a buried storage space for the extra food. Was very disturbed and depressed knowing i could have saved him. The content on cat-lovers-only.com is for education and information only. But lately I have been trying to think of the best way to kill my cat, if I was to kill my cat. She didnt deserve to die like this. How do coyotes kill their prey? My cat Benji hates the vet through a very bad experience when he was a kitty he is 6 years old now and when recently he had to have a blood test done , I placed him in another cage so they were able to inject the sedative straight away and when he came … However, if they attack a chick or a full grown bird they usually leave feathers or wings behind because they can’t get these parts down their throats. Where I found her is not where she goes as a rule. Three weeks, no cat.Then this morning, on the cement patio right outside our back door... where we go out on several times a day... there he was. We live on the edge of the woods here in Alabama. I don't know what to do. How can we tell what happened to him? There was no blood anywhere. He hated being inside. Then we need help in trying to decide what to do.Cat was large 8 month old male, NEUTERED, house cat. So my mum goes over and it was our cat Trixie. What should I do??? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Saw no blood. No blood, she had not been feasted on at all, her entrails hanging out. So sad. They only fell out after I lifted her to wrap her in a towel Her front right leg was extended and her claws were missing from her paw. Still hold hope it wasnt him but if so he deserved so much better. i examined her, no bites, nothing. The shelter said they had them in separate cages once they were, Home | About | Contact | Disclaimer & Disclosure | Privacy Policy | Cat Websites. I say this for the reason i had a cat years ago when i was mearly 12. I live in wooded area.I found her down a small gully, by discarded sheet metal that sticks up and is dangerous. A … Seriously every block you will find a stray cat roamin around. Her stomach was full her lungs were inflated it was obvious she had not been hit by a car. You have successfully subscribed to our newsletter. Being “put to sleep” is no more humane and, in my view, probably less humane than a quick unexpected blast from a shotgun. I don't know the answer, but I'm thinking a wildlife expert would be the best person to ask. hugs J. Sounded like the cat way killed fast because the way the scream sounded. No blood, just guts hanging out... dead. Call the ASPCA? Of course, this can pose a serious problem for their health, becoming one of the most common home items that can kill a cat. In the morning I couldn't find one of my sweet female cats. I am so sorry for your loss. How? There was no doubt the raccoon was the culprit. My cat was assassinated recently. No jagged or shredded skin, no bite marks, no obvious blood. Overall Appearance. Thank you! Also a bite to the throat. It should not be used as a substitute for professional  veterinary advice, diagnosis, or treatment. It should not be used as a substitute for professional  veterinary advice, diagnosis, or treatment. I will always wonder how this happened. Raccoons do scavenge, but this was the only animal who returned to the carcass to feed. But I’m back, and in this episode we’ll talk about 5 common chicken predators, these are the ones I personally have the most experience with, how to identify which of these predators killed your hens based on some tell-tale signs, and what you can do to prevent them from killing your even more of your chicken flock. RIP little kitty.-Kurt. He was attacked and had fought back. 3) Raccoons If anyone has any thoughts please feel free to respond. How? My cat went missing on about Sunday evening/Monday morning. I'm terribly sorry for your loss, and I can't imagine the horror. This is the worst day of my life. Disemboweled. Well this morning she was not on the deck waiting for her morning meal, she has always been on the deck every morning, not this morning. But it felt wrong. Very late in the night I heard her scream the longest loudest meow scream I never heard a cat do before. I am not only brokenhearted but perplexed as to how he died. by Kim ... this leads me to believe that it was a wild animal perhaps a rabbit that is third offense using their hind legs to fight off a predator I became aware of how vicious a cute little bunny ... contact pet shelters, stores & tell story to help others & make aware of. Saw a pack of big raccoons on my trail cam. I was not able to find the rest of her. Human Medications. Looked like he was sleeping. Im so glad i saw your post. I think it was them. Some people are so sick. I recently rescued a kitten and she seems to have an upper respiratory infection. When I stood back up and looked and her entrails I realized there was about a 10 x 10 square foot area of wet pavement as if someone had placed walls around that area and then it rained on it. No other tracks were found. He had a large round hole in his stomach. Here are some signs that you can use to tell the differences. It woke me from my sleep and I didn't really recognize what was going on. Other signs you may be dealing with a coyote (assuming you actually find the body or remains) are wounds on the shoulders, flank, or hindquarters. I don't believe that. A veterinarian or an expert who deals with wildlife would be able to tell if this was done by a wild animal. Examples of land predators: Fox, Raccoon, Sasquatch, Opossum, Skunk, Rat, Feral Pig, Max the Dog, Other people, BAHFEEMUS, Bear, Coyote, Snake, Bobcat, Oliver the cat, Weasel, Wolf, Tiger, and pretty much everybody and their brother. She was stretched out and from the rectum to the back feet were flat as if it were pressed, there were no broken bones or missing limbs and her head had no marks it looks like she was gutted. I will never get another cat....too horrible an experience. The shelter said they had them in separate cages once they were, Home | About | Contact | Disclaimer & Disclosure | Privacy Policy | Cat Websites. How? The next morning I went to look for her and found her laying in the grass she looked like she was sleeping. Over the twenty two years we have lived here all of our cats have been fine... out in the morning and mostly in by night. We feed him i played and hung out with him. The first thing is to identify if it is a stray, outdoor cat, or a feral cat. He was not decomposed. Cats are so agile, its hard to believe she got hung up on that sheet metal/tin and it was a terrible accident, or did a human do this. SOMEONE KILLED MY CAT What's up guys! A weasel bites off the head and drinks the blood. I suspect either an owl or bobcat. What could have done this? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Beautiful dry coat just like every day. I thought it may have been one of my brothers friends or maybe even paranormal. I have a similar story. If they vomit, bleach can be a terrible corrosive for the cat's mouth. I’ve loved a lot of pets in my day but I hate my cat. My youngest daughter, she's 4, was upstairs in her room, playing. However, if one can catch a small animal, like a mouse or kitten, it will kill and devour it. I just found my cat... dead same way... thought it was a wild animal... but not sure. 1 toxin for pets in 2017 was human prescription medications: “17.5% (34,888) of APCC cases were attributed to prescription meds…. Two weeks ago I noticed her in my neighbor's backyard. The truth is, you may not find much evidence with a coyote kill. It looked as if someone had sliced her rear legs, tail, and bottom off. Lions tend to not leave their food out under open sky. If I were to tell them that my cat just up an died and that that was that, they would understand. He never went farther than the next door neighbor's homes on either side of us. I have never harmed this cat. I saw him eating some discarded fish on a cardboard strip, and when I saw him about 15 minutes later a little away from where he was eating the fish, he was dead. Take care guys and gals, It was a raccoon or a weasel. It's easy to do. But the definition of an animal is curious as it covers any horse, cattle, ass, mule, sheep, pig, goat or dog. She had been cut from the bottom of her chin all the way to her anus with Precision like a fillet knife. The feeling is mutual and we’re both OK with it. It's easy to do. Find out what killed your chicken(s). I have two cats who tend to remain on the upstairs levels of our house. Scorpions Simply click here to return to. Examples of Aerial Predators Hawk, Owl, Eagle, and Crow (usually only go after chicks or small breeds). Now my one cat who is just over 1 is a deterrent, I took a pair of bonded year old cats to the shelter and they were adopted separately. I tried to catch yesterday with no luck. If you see a cat wondering about on the street or in the backyard, what would you do? Is this an animal attack or possible animal cruelty? The other cat was left fine but we removed her from upstairs. A raccoon will usually also have a bit of size and weight on a cat. If I were to tell them a vet euthanized my pet, my friends would surely understand. This dog has stayed at my house a dozen times without incident. 1. I'm sorry to hear about your cat. Gutted. The culprit turned out to be a raccoon, who returned to feed on the cat it had killed. A coyote uses a quick bite, shake, and release kill method which rattles the internal organs and forces the animal to collapse (even if the neck has… Raccoons will also remove the head and disembowel them. Im 28 now. How? I had a Bombay cat (about 3 years old) which I found dead today near my house. Insides gone. Hope you enjoy this banger. For medical advice about your cat, please see your veterinarian. Next time your cat brings you a dead animal as … I would like to know if she will need to go on antibiotics or if getting, My older cat who is indoor-outdoor during the summer months has lived with my other 2 indoor cats for a year. Don't think it was coyote or bobcat. RIP 'TJ', My 12 year old all black American long hair soulmate, protector "cat-dog" wandered off for the first time in 12 years away from me and did not come back to my calling. Cats love bleach - they find it irresistible. My mum got a call from our neighbour asking if we had a grey cat because one had been found on the person next to them's drive. we feed the coons, could this be the problem? I've dried my tears, but still miss my Pretty Kitty. (Although I have never personally killed a pet.) Chicks that disappear could have been eaten by a snake or by a house cat, domestic or feral. More and more, every time I hear about something like this, I think it's bad people. Fast-forward it's Friday morning, and I go outside and notice something black in the grass. I live in the woods and 4 eight years shes been here we never had a problem with racoons or possums. I would suggest that anyone living near the woods get a very large dog or dogs (friendly with cats) if they are letting their cats out. There was no blood, anywhere. My indoor cat was accidently left out last night and this afternoon when I was looking for him I found him dead outside with half his stomach missing. The most common kill style is a bite to the throat. Thank you! Join in and write your own page! I was awaken around 4am by a cat scream 2 weeks ago. A couple of us wanted to adopt him but he had fleas my wife had bad swolleness by the bite marks. Very strange scene. I did examine her. Our cat went missing on a Sunday. The owner was renting it out to tenents. However, because they aren’t very big, they usually try to attack chicks. BUT the alternative is that some sick person had him and killed him, and put him on our patio right where we would find him for some sick reason scares us.There was a nut that came up to my daughter about 4 weeks ago and hit her repeatedly in the face, until she called the police.
2020 how to tell what animal killed my cat