I used to think the Hummingbird was downright fugly. FF- Zim offers that "the Hummingbird ..is more balanced, at least to me." Just make sure it can be returned if it's not what you thought it would be. 3.999 € 4.759 € Gibson Firebird AC. Honestly, with it's reputation and size, I expected more from the SJ-200. Are they essentially the smae guitars with just cosmetic differences? They were before the MC and I don't think they were made for very long. Now I imagine their sound and I think I will order a Hummingbird in True Vintage. Do they sound the same? 60. Regardless of the model or style, I have played all of those and in my opinion they are in the elite class of guitars that my money could ever buy. Blindfolded, his and mine would seem to be utterly different guitars. The Bird, like most square shoulder dreads, accentuates low tones, so what Z is saying is that he appreciates the "bass bias" of the bird. The slim body depth allows for increased comfort underarm and the flatter fingerboard allows a finer playability. Paying tribute to our iconic past, the Original Collection brings back the classic guitars that shaped sound across all generations and genres of music. From my own personal experience, I owned a Hummingbird for several years and it had more of a wider sound but still had a decent bass thump, just not as pronounced as a great sounding J45. Hummingbird Rosewood AG 2018 - antique natural . Actually, I think maple is not so good for acoustic guitars. Economisez sur la catégorie Gibson j45 mystic rosewood et achetez les meilleures marques comme Gibson et Epiphone avec Shopzilla Gibson J45 - Retrouvez les 4 références de notre catalogue Gibson J45 et achetez moins cher ! Gibson Brands, Inc. respects your right to privacy. An SJ-200 may be a lot of things, but "weak" is not one of them!! The new Hog SJ100 is unbelievable, btw. When I haven't picked mine up for a day or two, my fingers LONG to play it. 3.222 € 3.807 € 1 . and square-shouldered Gibsons like Hummingbirds? 2390.00 € GIBSON. Thread starter fuzz_factor; Start date May 23, 2008; 1; 2; Next. Gibson SJ-200 Deluxe Rosewood. 333 € 3 . My experience has been that folks that really like the Gibson tone and vibe will usually be drawn to a J-45 when comparing the two, but folks that are more comfortable with the Martin family tone will be drawn to a Hummingbird. Taylor 814ce V-Class. Taylor 210ce Plus. Find what works for you. a guy in my songwriting group has a coveted '89 j200. The more recent Montana models seem to have standout sound as well. What about either of the … Upload or insert images from URL. I had tried it before, but it seemed dark sounding. A good J45 can be spooky in a way that I've never heard from a Hummingbird. I'm going to buy a guitar for a very good friend of mine. I've got a Hummingbird - an HC not a MC. Livraison gratuite dès 49€. Well, my preference for the Hummingbird is relegated to sound mostly. Messages 2,091. he paid $1900cdn for it in 1990. this is the most gigantic guitar i've ever heard. For more guitar gear news, click here. Inscrit le: 24 Sep 04 Localisation: 31 # Publié par Blinklibz le 31 Oct 10, 11:18 am. Doc, dont think you are alone about maple. May 23, 2008 #1 In general, what are the tonal differences between slope-shouldered J-45s (and Southern Jumbos, etc). (I also have an '04 J-45 'hog and love it to death.) Looks and sounds incredible! It also comes with a built in pickup without any exterior signs, which was a plus for me. I like that a lot as I'm not a huge guy. Thread starter Creighton; Start date Apr 26, 2018; 1; 2; 3; Next. 1.299 € 1 . The Gibson J-45 can heard across decades of recordings in the hands of country stars, folk legends, singer-songwriters and solo instrumentalists. ... but I would guess Gibson acoustic got a new CNC for necks in time to make my 2010 Gibson J45 Standard with black Tusq nut and white Tusq saddle with half the amount of wood they used on my 2002 Gibson J50, not a ‘beefy’ neck but way chunkier than the Standard slim taper whatsamacallit. Hummingbird vs J45 . For me it had too much trebles and no (or little) bass. As the owner of a J-45 and Martin HD-28V, I've sorta convinced myself that I really don't need any more acoustic guitars. 489 articles. Salfromchatham 232 Salfromchatham 232 Ordinary Member; All Access; 232 5,632 posts; Report post; Posted March 15, 2014. If that's the case it's not the same thing as a Hummingbird!! I read that the original H'bird from the early 60's were built to replicate Martin's D body style, and did not have scalloped bracing. So both guitars will cost me anywhere from $1,450 to $1,800, with the J-45 … "maple jumbos at dawn it is then." I am a confirmed SJ nut, my SJ200 is very balanced and is a great all-rounder, but I have played some that are very bass-light. Publié dans guitare acoustique et électro; Autres catégories > Gibson Round Shoulder; Auteur Message; Blinklibz Special Méga utilisateur. FF- Zim offers that "the Hummingbird ..is more balanced' date=' at least to me." I think the two are apples and oranges. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Hogs are great for balance, rosewood is king for warmth, but maple? As for the modern classic and true vintage models, I've played both side by side. An SJ-200 may be a lot of things, but "weak" is not one of them!! Gibson's have been all over the map in recent years, as far as tone and quality. Gibson produces the world’s most famous Gibson Les Paul electric guitars. The hummingbird is a REALLY good strummer and singer-songwriter guitar. Our friend M. Frogg is entitled to his preferences. Terms & Conditions | Registered Trademarks. Similar to an old Epiphone Frontier. Lol. I have to get many details beacause as I said before, here it's impossible to play them in a store because no one has them. So, this means, Dove is more expensive between these two. Both of course would be awesome at either job. It may not have so much brightness, but it is more balanced, at least to me, being a little bit bassier than the J45. Now, Gibson is the most reputed name when it comes to acoustic or electric guitars. The 45 is actually better balanced, string to string, but the stika/hog combo can be jangly, and is not for everybody. It is not that the J45 sounded bad, it is that I prefer the sound of the HB... Couldn't have said it better! I beg to difer with you on the use of Maple in acoustic guitars. I bought a second hand '06 J45 and couldn't stand it, so I had to sell it. Since these are high-end guitars, expect that they’ll cost a few grand. I have both too, and wouldn't be without either. J45 studio. I think you are missing out on a lot of other wonderful sounds. Call me shallow, but my objections to the Hummingbird are almost entirely cosmetic. Wow, you must have tried the only SJ-200 dud in existence! Show 30 post(s) from this thread on one page, https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8fef64dec6.jpg, https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f913c9dd5f.jpg. If you play strictly acoustic , TV is worth it, if you can come up with the $$. Economisez sur la catégorie Guitare gibson j45 rosewood custom et achetez les meilleures marques comme Gibson et Fender avec Shopzilla A quick sum up: J45 Id wager is the most versatile: tubby bass, good bark, clear singing top end top. This square-shoulder dreadnought is most commonly found with mahogany back and sides and a distinct cherry sunburst finish. First, you won't regret the purchase of either. Advertisement. The unmistakable Gibson Hummingbird is followed by the masses as one of the most remarkable acoustic guitars ever built. Gibson Southern Jumbo vs J45. What else might one expect in a big maple box? Search past threads. In short, it's dry as the desert in June. I 'think" from reading todd's post that he has a "Hummingbird Artist"? Gibson Hummingbird was the second most expensive acoustic guitar until the Gibson Dove arrived. Martin D-18 vs Gibson J-45. I own a Hummingbird, but the J-45 is an incredible instrument. Post Jul 14, 2019 #1 2019-07 -14T16:51. Hummingbird . Still i would recommend you to read the genuine customer reviews before making up your mind. It had that rock and roll pedigree, mellow mahogany tone, and just enough flamboyance to make it a legendary instrument. A lot more sound than you expect. I got one in April and I’ve loved it ever since! As for SJ 200, I already tested one and I didn't like it. 1.944 € 1 . If I had none of the three, I'd hope for a chance to play all three before I picked one. Lots of singers/songwriters love the mellow warmth and low-tension feel of the Hummingbird and J45 varieties. I think you are missing out on a lot of other wonderful sounds. GIBSON. There's no power nor bass. Next Last. More sustain ? Those suckers moves the air, but they are more resoundin' than ringin'. Actually, I think maple is not so good for acoustic guitars. Lastly, I can't overstate how wonderful the J-45 is for songwriting. 203 € 219,99 € 4 . Try to be straight when you describe the sound : no impression, no feeling just what you hear. 5.399 € 15 . Go. Tell me your thoughts. Loved it. Gibson Hummingbird Studio Walnut AN. The six- and 12-string Hummingbird are retail for $799 and $849, respectively. I know it's very difficult but I haven't the choice. If you want power & bass, you might want to consider an advanced Jumbo, the are priced about the same as a J-45. Anyway I hate preamp sound and I'm happy that better sound is on TV models. Registered Member. Beyond that, I'm just giving an opinion. It will be my next one lord willing and the river don't rise. Hummingbird Studio Walnut. 1.444 € 1.599 € 1 . Wow' date=' you must have tried the only SJ-200 dud in existence! Turn heads with this unique J-45 Studio, hand-built using rosewood back and sides with a Sitka spruce top. If you like the J-45 you really can't go wrong with that either. I have a friend with a $9,000 custom Taylor........ it's nowhere close to any of the Hummingbird or J-45 models. The J-45 is Gibson's best-selling acoustic of all time. × 2189.00 € promo. 5.799 € 7.139 € 2 . These are the main two characteristics I look for when considering these two models. The Hummingbird Rosewood M is our powerhouse square-shoulder, rosewood cutaway guitar. Creighton Member. Mais certaines J45 standard sonnent aussi bien. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, The Acoustic Guitar Forum. Gibson J45 vs Hummingbird price disparity. Since these are high-end guitars, expect that they’ll cost a few grand. Don't know much about Gibson - obviously. Clear editor. Considering all three are in mint condition, the playability of each guitar would be the big thing for me. Played a few Hummingbirds, and was just blown away. I want one. Couldn't have said it better! GIBSON. bonjour, j'aurais aimé connaître la différence entre la gibson j 45 et hummingbird svp? (Any model) The MC is very nice. 1.215 € Gibson J-45 Studio Rosewood RB. You won't be disappointed!! Frankly, I just don't get it. Gibson is more of a high end guitar brand than Martin guitar and both are great in terms of high quality guitars. Takamine EF340STT. Maybe a modestly sized Collings? The new Hummingbird Original blends vintage appointments and today's modern, high-quality build construction. A used 90s 45 is fairly safe. $2,499.00. i hope to see one at the michigan guitar show on the 30th. I've heard the hummingbird described as a more warmer sounding guitar, better suited for chords and singer-songwriter type stuff where as the J-45 is more crisp and trebly sounding, better for soloing and cutting through. Post Jan 02, 2008 #1 2008-01-02T21:59. The J45 is warm, clear and organic sounding where the Taylor has a very pop-shimer sound to it. 659 231 1. Flamed Froggy, November 17, 2008 in Gibson Acoustic. Balance generally refers to string to string volume across the tonal spectrum. Places where, guitaristically, less is more. There are lots of versions of J-45's, and Gibson's have been all over the map in recent years, as far as tone and quality. TBman: 05-30-2017 10:22 AM: I think the two are apples and oranges. Pretty comfortable to play for a big box. $1,999.00. One day I went trying to really make a decision on which one to buy. Actually I need a powerful sound, with a lot of bass and a lot of brightness, you know what I mean. Gibson Hummingbird was the second most expensive acoustic guitar until the Gibson Dove arrived. Taylor Builders Edition 717e WHB. The J-45 and J-45 Extended Cutaway go for $699 and $749. "Finding a good SJ-200 is like falling out of a boat and finding water." Jerry K6. New Member; ... Having said that, today's Gibsons aren't the guitars that the 60's and earlier ones were. Fender CD-140SCE Sunburst. If you're playing for yourself, spend the money and get the true vintage, you won't regret it. 1,418 865 4. Post Jul 14, 2019 #2 2019-07-14T17:27. I prefer a J-45 but I know a lot of people that go the other way. Available in both Antique Natural and Rosewood Burst finishes, as well as lefty! lol. The J45 should have incredible bass thump and a somewhat drier sound with less sustain or quicker decay on notes. Willie summed it up admirably when he wrote: ... if the Hummingbird blows you away and the J-45 doesn't, why would other opinions matter? The Bird, like most square shoulder dreads, accentuates low tones, so what Z is saying is that he appreciates the "bass bias" of the bird. The Bird moves more air and has a deeper sound than the J45… I have never heard such an imposing wall of tone in all my days. 1.944 € 1 . For ex-check out Rev. 5.399 € 1 . I have never heard such an imposing wall of tone in all my days. I have never had that with another guitar, an actual physical yearning in my fingers to pick it up.   Pasted as rich text. The only other option was a J45 which was about $2200, $800 cheaper than the other two. Froggy--an often discussed topic. The Hummingbird and Dove are iconic guitars, perhaps based more on their cosmetics than their sound. fuzz_factor. Jerry K6. I have not played a real old one - anyone here have? Marian Seraph AD2 MWX. I also have a Taylor 410ce for comparison. Hey everybody, wanted to see which one you guys prefer and why. So if you like the sound of the '74, that might factor in. There's no power nor bass. J45 vs J15. I fell in love with the Gibson back in my teens, and more than 20 years later, I finally have one (used, of course, I’m not crazy). Do, however, make sure that you have some sort of return policy. A lot depends on what you play: strum fingersytle, folk rock etc---? Image: Epiphone. I have never had that with another guitar, an actual physical yearning in my fingers to pick it up.[/quote']. Intereested in … 1046 articles.   You cannot paste images directly. The only thing I can say based on the information is that you may like a custom J-45 (spruce/rosewood) more than a standard J-45 (spruce/mahogany). As for SJ 200' date=' I already tested one and I didn't like it. Next Last. I really like the Gibson acoustics and have narrowed it down to 2, the Gibson J45, which I would get used, or the Gibson Hummingbird Pro (used also). Taylor 914ce V-Class Bracing. 60. They're both great guitars, you just have to go with the one that speaks to you. Find what works for you. that hog (remember that tree guy that gave us heck for saying "hog"?) The Bird moves more air and has a deeper sound than the J45, but less cut/brilliance. 1157 articles. I then got obsessed with Gram Parsons and Keef's country side. Each Gibson Acoustic is full of expression, character, and exquisite beauty and this new modern styled instrument is no different. Thanks everybody. But really, you can't go wrong either way. Gibson j 45 et hummingbird; Gibson j 45 et hummingbird. A hand-built Gibson Workhorse Turn heads with this unique J-45 Studio, hand-built using rosewood back and sides with a Sitka spruce top. This slim body depth guitar is handcrafted with the same time-tested build techniques as our most iconic models. good one! 659 231 1. Its the dry amp of acoustics. Epiphone’s take on one of Gibson’s most recognisable acoustics adheres closely to the original in both looks and construction. 60s J-45 Original - ebony . I played both of these guitars NEW yesterday and I was surprised how much I liked the Pro, maybe better than the J45. Sign up for the Letter! Gibson Dove and Gibson Hummingbird. I desperately want an SJ-200, but the Hummingbird and J-45 outperform it according to my ears. Sold it. The bass thumps, the trebles die quick, the overtones are MIA. However, they don't have pickups. The Hummingbird Rosewood M is our powerhouse square-shoulder, rosewood cutaway guitar. Hummingbird Mahogany M - Light Cherry Burst . Although there are modern models of these guitars, still, their prices won’t go below $1000. Pretty comfortable to play for a big box. I use 012 strings and am very happy with the sound, being exactly what I expected. The slope shoulder dreads, on the other hand, are darker and fuller. Hummingbird Sustainable. The songwriter and songwriter deluxe......excellent guitars! J45 vs. Hummingbird vs. Advanced Jumbo. I've wanted a J45 for some time now, and can't seem to find one that really speaks to me. A more classic look, but similar in playability and sound to the J45, wouldn't mind having one, but that's down the line some barring a lottery victory. For that music, you can't beat a Hummingbird. I worked with Graham Gouldman from 10CC recently, and he has a great SJ200 from '07, which sounds terrific but very light on the bottom end. J'ai dû en essayer 3 ou 4 (standard) et le rendu était assez variable à mes oreilles. World-renowned for its full, balanced expression, warm bass and excellent projection, the J-45 has … Product Registration Customer Service Repair and Restoration Report Counterfeits Serial Number FAQ Gibson Guitar Specs (2015-2019) Dealer Resource Center Locate A I had narrowed it down to the Hummingbird or Sparrow. Epiphone Inspired By Gibson Hummingbird. Registered Member. It is not that the J45 sounded bad' date=' it is that I prefer the sound of the HB... My J-45 (2007) was purchased new but needed a good deal of fret work due to a bump in the neck. Followers 0. I play mainly rock, pop and folk, strumming, not so much fingerpicking. I don't have a Hummingbird, but I traded a worn 1971 Martin D-18 that was bordering on needing a neck reset for an extremely clean "banner" Montana J-30 from the early 1990s. Do you have one of them? Gibson Dove vs Hummingbird: Price. 3.777 € 1 . I don't mind admitting it: I am not a maple fan. It just sounds better. Gibson Guitars began making flat top steel string acoustic guitars in the 1920s. Reactions: Edmond and Burwabit. However, with regards to the Hummingbird, my artists series sounds closer to the true vintage than the modern classic. 1,418 865 4. 1 of 2 Go to page. I'm sure I will have a great sound with a Gibson acoustic because I already have three solid body guitars and they sound good. Finished with a Fishman Sonitone pickup for easy studio quality plug and play anywhere. I can say that as I had a 65 J45 and let it go. Gibson Brands ; Gibson Acoustic ; J45 vs J15 Sign in to follow this . It's not just a simple version of the Hummingbird, it's different!! Weak.......?????????????????????????????????? I've played a half dozen or more, and have played it side by side to the J-45 and Hummingbird and both had more bass and were louder. Gentlemen, please. Coming back to the acoustic guitars by Gibson, the Gibson Guitar’s legacy of “King of the Flat-Tops” lives on in this J-200 Gibson Guitar. They both sound great but the 45 is more agricultural and the Bird more metropolitan. Makes for a great rhythm box (think Stones), not so great for other uses (not that you cant; just not optimal). However........... if you plan on gigging, recording, etc. Different bracing, different guitar. Amazing sound! The Blues King is a top notch guitar. A great marketing idea, as I played guitars I had never seen in stores. All the newer ones now have scalloped bracing. Again, the SJ-200 sounded fine, but not like the others. Gibson Hummingbird Studio Rosewood AN. Gibson est l'une des marques les plus anciennes et les plus reconnues de l'industrie de la musique et a fabriqué certains des instruments les plus appréciés de tous les temps. I know there's no preamp on TV models and I like that but is it really interesting for me since TV are more expensive than MC ? I have played various Gibsons, Taylors and Martins. The Arlo Guthrie model wasn't impressive. Flatpick, fingerpick, works in a lot of styles (Blues to Beatles to Bluegrass to Busking). The unmistakable Gibson Hummingbird is followed by the masses as one of the most remarkable acoustic guitars ever built. Really the differences in tone compared to the Hummingbird were minor. It could not be counted upon to give FF the plummy warmth and sweetness of Big Bird. Messages 4,030. Now I have a Takamine Jumbo EN 20 and when I record a song I use a microphone (Shure SM 57). ... 1 Finish Options . I want to own one day own one along with a J-200, but for my money, hands down, the best sounding guitar I have heard or played, is the Hummingbird. Framus FD 14 S D Legacy Series. Paul is a great guy. What's more, I think the look is classic, without the flashy (bold?) I was about to buy one when an 05 J-45 Historic surfaced on Graig's List for a grand less. Gibson Brands, Inc. respects your right to privacy. They are relatively rare over here in Austria. That said, the right J-45 can do all that and other stuff too, making it much more versatile in my opinion. Déterminer la date exacte de fabrication de votre Gibson peut représenter un enjeu important. 2.035 € 2.149 € Gibson 60s J-45 Wine Red.   Your link has been automatically embedded. MackTheKnife. Your Hummingbird is... essentially a Dove. Hummingbird Studio Rosewood. They are both great guitars in their own way. The guitar you mention however (I think) is from a period where Gibson moved to a long (25.5") scale on their acoustics. I may be completely off base here, but it won't be the first time if I am. Go. What are the differences between both ?. It has a tonal quality that is unmatched. Sellers are OK to order them but they have none in their store so I don't know their real sound. By Salfromchatham, March 15, 2014 in Gibson Acoustic. I think a Hummingbird is a great all-round choice...special looks, knockout tone and wonderful playability.
2020 gibson hummingbird vs j45