My Beautiful #RedCarpetCurlsRoyalty, The Curly Girl Method is a SUGGESTED guideline on how to care for your natural texture in order to improve hair’s health and manageability. Never heard of the Curly Girl Method? ", others would gently say. About How Curlsbot Works Curly Girl Ingredient List Hard Water Shampoo Bars/Soap CG and non-CG Cleansers Other Resources Non-CG Shea Moisture Products. It also saves money and time. A shampoo would have the label "Sulfate Free" at the front, then later I would have a hard time dealing with dryness and would finally see a Sulfate listed in the ingredients. If you have more ingredients that you look to avoid, it would be a good idea to check the ingredients for yourself before making a purchase. There are moisturizing alcohols in ingredient lists that are good for hair. Etiam feugiat lorem non metus. A Curly Girl’s Guide to Product Ingredients. Understanding how to read ingredient lists has transformed my curly hair journey without decimating my bank balance! You don’t need anything but the product in your hand. Check out my list of approved UK Curly Girl products if in doubt. I built it for fun and then kind of forgot about it though I kept having to add people as "tester" manually because I never went through the FB approval process. Analyze ingredient lists at a press of a button. While the Curly Girl method calls for users to completely avoid using shampoo, some opt to continue using a sulfate free cleanser. 2. In summary: if you are looking for a product that is healthy for curls, focus on cleansers that are mild and won't dehydrate your hair. If you notice a burning sensation, itching, redness, lumps or anything unusual on your scalp, you will know that this product isn't suitable for you. Sed lectus. Praesent congue erat at massa. As replacements, we look for ingredients that are mild, moisturizing and soluble for curly hair in order to minimize dryness and foster better moisture retention. Our curls have a stubborn character. Here are a list of some vegan curly hair brands. We look for silicones, oils, and waxes that can build up, as well as harsh sulfates. If you have my getting started guide, you already know this.But you can also do it the easy way. Having done the research for you, we accurately identify the most important ingredients for curlies using our growing ingredients list, It's now easier than ever to check hair product ingredients. ingredient check - Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate. Faith in Nature is a very popular Curly Girl brand as most of their conditioners are CG friendly. But it didn’t come up on CurlsBot – another website to check if products and ingredients are curly girl friendly. Please visit the plugin's settings page to select a user account or add one to the shortcode - user="username". "You'll just have to try it and see if it works for you!" Posts: 1,485 Curl Neophyte. How to follow the curly girl method: ... Hoy una chica me ha preguntado si exista una lista de ingredients para seguir el metodo curly girl. Invite your curlfriends to use CurlCheck so they can get all the benefits just like you. If you have an allergy to a specific ingredient, relying only on front labels is likely to cause problems. Yes To Cucumbers Volumising Conditioner. For example: just because a product is advertised with an "Argan Oil" label doesn't mean that this product has high amounts of this oil. As a result, when we read lists, we should always focus on the first five ingredients, because they are the main ingredients (in higher amounts). On several occasions, I have found other drying Sulfates in the list, despite the "Sulfate Free" label. How to tell if hair products are curly girl approved. 12 Type in or paste an ingredient or a full list. Welcome to Curly Girl Approved. Registered Users. There was a time that I nearly gave up. From my experience over time, I came to understand that when advertisers label "Sulfate Free" at the very front, they are referring to one of the harshest Sulfates: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. ... Tesco’s extracts conditioners in Blueberry and coconut Note check ingredients as only this packaging is approved! Do use the curly girl method when using products? Anyway, we love our curls! Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Vestibulum eu odio. Argan Oil Conditioner by Maple Holistics* If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you might know … Type in or paste an ingredient or a full list. Unless you are really well-versed in chemistry, chances are, you don’t know all the names of silicones, sulfates, and so on. Sign up for our newsletter to get more tips and tricks. We’ll not only tell you if a product is Curly Hair Friendly, but we’ll break down the ingredients and explain what those ingredients actually are and how they effect your curls. Nunc nulla. When ingredients are listed, they appear in descending order, calculated by either mass or volume. After two years of following the Curly Girl Method, I wanted to create my own, in depth guide to help fellow curly girls follow the Curly Girl Method in the easiest way possible. Forms a loose “S” very easily straightened, Forms a definite “S” shaped like a corkscrew, Very tight curl when stretched creates an “S”, Hair intentionally matted to form "ropes", Guides and resources for easy product selection, Learn how to read your hair product labels, Easy-to-make recipes for all your haircare needs, Community member favorites make up this coveted list, Chat with curl friends about your favorite curly topics. While the guidelines in Massey’s book are mainly based on curly, wavy and afro hair textures, you can personalize the method to fit the needs of your own head of hair. Hello Pretty Curly Girl, We curly's are anything but boring. Ingredient Check. CurlsBot aims to make it all easier by analyzing ingredient lists to see if they contain ingredients many people with curly hair like to avoid. 2. How the CG Method Came About. Trimethylsilylamodimethicone. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us curly girls. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies nisi. website, listed as a drying alcohol. Aenean vulputate eleifend tellus. On first appearances, you would think Cantu products were Curly Girl friendly, however looks are deceiving, so I have weeded out the good from the bad.The two must have products of the Cantu range are the Curl Activator Cream and the Define and Shine Custard The following products are approved Moisturizing Curl Activator CreamComeback Curl… Silicones that are not soluble in water, but whose chemical properties allow it to repel further deposit, helping to prevent buildup (although they will still lock moisture out of the hair and require a surfactant to remove): Amodimethicone. Decode skincare ingredients fast with our science-based but easy-to-understand explanations. Your curls can breathe and feel light. It's Curly Girl Method-approved (as are most of these gels on this list), safe for low-porosity hair, and under $10. Our products are made to follow the Curly Girl method. In the very early stages of my journey with the Curly Girl Method, I made these mistakes several times. Just scan the barcode of the package and we’ll do the rest using the “scan barcode” feature . What You Need to Look for on Curly Hair Product Labels, Sign up for the Naturally Curly newsletter. the new packaging is no longer Curly girl friendly. Click submit to see if it is Curly Girl (CG) Approved! Spread the Love! Invite your curlfriends to use CurlCheck App. You can even search by product type. Cras sagittis. Curlsbot is an online ingredients checker for Curly Girl safe products. 26 Favorite Curly Girl Method Products for Wavy Hair, My Experience with Curly Girl Method | Before & After Photos. (For the rundown on which ingredients are considered problematic for curly girls, read more here!. 3. If you are following the Curly Girl Method like me, look for cleansers that are mild for curls, such as: Devacurl Low Poo Original is a great example of this. Silicones, Waxes, Non-Natural Oils: When selecting a curl care product, make sure to avoid any products that have silicones, waxes, non-natural oils, or non soluble ingredients. Silicones are used in traditional mainstream products to add slip and shine. The Faith in Nature Natural Aloe Vera Conditioner contains active organic aloe vera and is suitable for normal to dry hair. Be the one stop for product information and understanding how the products they are using affect their hair. The Pretty Curly Girl products give your curls what they need. Yes, to all of this. Praesent vestibulum dapibus nibh. We are super transparent with our followers. Curlsbot Ingredients Analyzer Some of y'all may have used the original Curlsbot , which was a FB bot. CurlScan is the first website to allow you to scan the barcode of a hair product to see if it is CGM approved. Let's look at the TreLuxe ReFlex Serum again. If you have curly hair, wavy tresses, or textured locks—if you have hair on your head at all, really—it’s time you learned about The Curly Girl Method. Check the top 5 ingredients. Confused about hair porosity? Caution means that this ingredient may not be good in some hair care products, or for some people. Cyclomethicone/Cyclopentasiloxane. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. No need to search high and low for the ingredients list. You finally decided to start your healthy curly hair journey with the Curly Girl Method. Enter the ingredients separated by commas. Curly Girl method UK products Conditioner can be used for co-washing, as conditioner and as a leave in conditioner. On the go or at home. Check if products are curly girl approved by using the site isitcg.com.You just search for the product or paste thee ingredients in and it will tell you if it's CG approved or not. Follow Lindsay (curlygirlinz) on Instagram for more on her hair journey or if you would like to ask her any questions! This post will give you tips on following all of the steps of the Curly Girl Method to get the best results. This is helpful because if something unusual happens, you will know that the only difference in your routine was the brand new product; Observe closely how your scalp reacts after product application, even if the product has passed the first three steps above. Nunc nonummy metus. You can see the top 5 are all lightweight so this is a great choice. Knowing What Ingredients to Look for Opt for better surfactants in place of sulfates. Also, I follow the simplified version of the Curly Girl Method most directly derived from the Curly Girl Handbook. If Argan oil is included near the end of the list, the amount is very small and insignificant. In the Curly Girl Method, we avoid harsh Sulfates and drying Alcohols (they dehydrate the hair), Silicones, Waxes and Mineral Oils (they build up). Want more articles like this? The issue with Silicones is that they don't penetrate the hair shaft to make it better and they also build up. How do you tell if a product is curly girl-approved? A site to help you know what hair products are approved for the Curly Girl (or Guy) Method. You can enter a list of ingredients and if any of them show up as non-CG, you shouldn’t use the product. or "This is all about trial and error! You decide to take the plunge and purchase them without checking the ingredients because you trust the labels. However, this does not mean that the product is entirely free of Sulfates. If you are following the Curly Girl Method like me, look for cleansers that are mild for curls, such as: Cocamidopropyl Betaine; Coco Betaine; Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine; Lauryl Hydroxysultaine Here in Red Carpet Curls, we work to give you all the information you need to make a well-informed decision for YOUR specific hair needs. In the ingredient descriptions: Good means that I like to see this in a product's list of ingredients. We want to enable all curlies in any phase of their journey to educate themselves on while providing the most accurate and researched ingredient information that curlies can trust while learning from the information provided. If you follow the Curly Girl Method like me, you can replace Silicones with soluble ingredients that are located near the top of the list, such as: I came to learn this helpful information through Wendy (scientist) on the Hair Science-y Blog and Tonya Mckay here on NaturallyCurly. This post contains affiliate links. Choose conditioners and styling products that have soluble ingredients for slip and elasticity. Naturally Curly says it’s “used as a preservative in products and … To find out if a product is curly girl-approved, you’ll need to check the ingredients. Alcohol. Want to know if a product is Curly Girl Method approved? Check in with your stylist to see if a protein rich product is the right choice for your curly hair. Here I am sharing four steps that you can take to safeguard yourself: Always remember: If you happen to have a serious allergic reaction to a product, please seek medical attention immediately.
2020 curly girl ingredients checker