From nearby El Calafate, you can easily book a bus taking you to the national park with its icy blue glacier. Yes, visiting the Argentine side … Argentina’s Peninsula Valdes is over run by animal life, from ostrich-like nandoos darting across the plains to humpbacks breaching in the waves. This Argentina itinerary won’t take you to Mendoza, but you will get to spend more time in Patagonia and also make it to the north of the country, in the region of the Quebradas and in the magnificent Iguazu. And relax on the outdoor patio at contemporary Tempus Alba. Like Route 66 in the US, Argentina’s Ruta 40 – the country’s longest highway, running from Patagonia to Bolivia – has a legendary status, inspiring songs, books and of course road trips. Below is a list of four travel itineraries for backpacking Argentina. We pull together the ultimate two-week itinerary to Argentina, hitting all the top destinations and throwing in a few unexpected sights and activities along the way. From Bariloche, yet another overnight bus brings you to Argentina’s vibrant capital, Buenos Aires. Get to know the Torrontés grape which only grows in Argentina. You’ll also be able to spot penguins, sea lions and seals. Explore the charming wine region of Cafayate and its plentiful bodegas. Accept Read More, Argentina Itinerary: The best of Argentina in 4 weeks, Hiking the Superbloom in California Wine Country. It’s without a doubt our most favourite destination so far on the planet. I am interested in local culture, Landmarks and Heritage sites and Tango/restaurants/Bars entertainment in the evening. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Answer 1 of 14: Hi, I am solo single traveler visiting Argentina in December for 4 weeks. Follow in Our Editor's Footsteps. Get to know the unique neighborhoods that make up Buenos Aires. If you’re not off visiting some world famous waterfalls at the Argentinian or Brazilian side of the border, it’s time for some lazing around at the side of your hotel or hostel pool, sipping from a refreshing cocktail. Relax while watching the world go by in the 16th-century Plaza 9 de Julio. Continue on to Mendoza, “The Land of Sun and Fine Wines,” located in the foothills of the Andes mountains. Once you’ve had your fill of city life, take a colectivo (shared bus) out to wine country in nearby Maipú. It adds about a week to the itinerary, but it involves an unforgettable trip down the largely unpaved Ruta Nacional 40. Check out the city’s oldest public square Plaza de Mayo, then join the crowds over at nearby pedestrian street, Calle Florida. From Cafayate, make your way back to Salta to take an overnight bus to Mendoza. Between June en mid-December, these giants of the sea enter the stage. Not to mention the food! After they spent a combined 2 years backpacking around the world, they continue to seek out new adventures, ever mindful that there's always more to learn, appreciate and experience. In the far south of Argentina you’ll find the town of Ushuaia. Argentina itinerary #2: Buenos Aires, Puerto Madryn, Patagonia, Salta and Iguazu 3 to 4 weeks in Argentina itinerary. We recommend this one! At the top of the bucket list of many of you, and deservedly so, is gorgeous Argentina. Taking full advantage of its end-of-the-world status, Ushuaia has become a hub for adventurers plotting their outdoor options. Days 3-5. Once in Bariloche, it doesn’t take long to wander around the Swiss-inspired mountain village. Weather certainly didn’t dominate our trip but it … Argentina is huge, and there are endless amounts of things to see and do. From Salta, rent a car and make the scenic drive to Cafayate through the Calchaqui Valleys. Would appreciate any comments. To the east are tropical climates, incredible waterfalls and wildlife-filled wetlands. Gas is about 4.80 ARS / liter. Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up to date. Patagonia itinerary: 4 weeks. They vary from one to four weeks in length and cover the majority of the top things to do in Argentina. Rachel Scott Everett and Brian Gibson believe travel is an extraordinary way to feel alive. I am coming from Australia and planning to arrive in BA (unless it was cheaper to go to Santiago and head to Salta or something).. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. 5 reasons why Ushuaia should be on your bucket list, Bogotá: tips for the unknown capital of Colombia, Where to sleep in Tokyo and other practical tips, Japan: the best neighbourhoods to visit in Tokyo, Walking through vineyards and art at Château La Coste in Provence. Take in the colonial architecture, as well as the Neoclassical Cathedral of Salta. Prepare yourself for steamy temperatures in the north, as well as ice-cold winds in the very south. For more details, visit our post on Mendoza, Argentina. This is the end of summer, shoulder season, and we had a mix of sun and rain in about equal parts. My wish list for this trip was SO long, and so there were definitely a few things I had to sacrifice in our itinerary. We rented a car for a 5 day journey that brought us from Cachi & Cafayate to Purmamarca, Tilcara and the famed Salinas Grandes. I have excluded… In our opinion, it is the most complete, the most visual and the most up to date ! Argentina’s Wine Country. For more details, visit our post on Bariloche, Argentina. Start in Córdoba, Argentina’s second-largest city, to explore one of the country's finest colonial centers. Learn about the wine making process at Bodega Familia di Tommaso. Are you looking for a good travelling route to discover Argentina? It’ll be one highlight after the other. A quick search of things to do in Buenos Aires quickly revealed a whole smorgasbord of activities, and it’s quite easy to get overwhelmed when trying to choose what to see. Roadtrippin’ at its best! From awe-inspiring Patagonia to the jungles around Iguazú, from the lonely salt flats near Salta to bustling Buenos Aires: Argentina has it all for those looking for a varied travel itinerary. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Best of all, there are plenty of chocolate shops offering free samples. Enjoy a day trip to Colonia Suisa, the region’s first European settlement, and make the short hike to the summit of Mount Campanario for some of the best views in the world. For a week at a local’s house (3 meals / day included), expect about 2400 ARS. Our website uses cookies, as almost all websites do, to help provide you with the best experience we can. We traveled back and forth between Chile and Argentina in Patagonia for 4 weeks from late February to mid-March 2018. This Patagonia itinerary is very similar the actual route we took ourselves. You want to buy a paper travel guide ? Overnight in Puerto Iguazu. The perfect end of our travel itinerary before heading back to the hustle and bustle of Buenos Aires: chilling a couple of days around Puerto Iguazú. The results is that we fell madly in love with this beautiful country. And don’t miss a local peña (social gathering) featuring traditional food, live music and dancing. Travelers may not be able to see all of the numerous national parks that Argentina has to offer, but they can still visit the urban and natural capitals of the country. The little town of El Chaltén is somewhat off the beaten track, offering views on the vast landscapes of Patagonia. Located in the foothills of the Andes mountains, Mendoza is a cosmopolitan city with easy access to one of Argentina’s premier wine regions. Below is my rough itinerary; 1. El Tigre (day trip from Buenos Aires) If you’re on a quest to collect Argentinean crafts, El Tigre, an … All Rights Reserved. Known for its empanadas, colonial buildings and the ideal starting point to explore the region. Upon arrival, rent a bike from family-owned, Mr. Hugo’s to get around to the different wineries. Argentina is huge and far too big to squeeze into two weeks – try as you might. I'm not able to pay for flights or really expensive coaches around the country, but would like to see some of the impressive scenery, see some of the culture, preferably a bit out of the cities and finish in the capital before flying home. A few years ago, we flew, drove and walked around the whole of Argentina discovering as many highlights as we could fit into a 4 week journey. Best Itineraries for Backpacking Argentina. This post was EXACTLY what I was looking for as I started to panic that our trip was close, it’s high season in Argentina, and we have zero hotels or an itinerary! Continue on to Mendoza, “The Land of Sun and Fine Wines,” located in the foothills of the Andes mountains. Visit the home of the legendary Boca Juniors in La Boca.And while away an afternoon in colorful, kitschy Caminito. But you can still make a good dent in the 8 th largest country in the world if you plan it right. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Take the Salta Tram (Teleferico) to the top of San Bernardo Hill for beautiful views. From Mendoza, there’s a direct bus to Bariloche (18 hours.) Drive across a rugged wilderness packed with wildlife, spot killer whales and visit huge penguin colonies. Top Argentina Itineraries - 1 Week, 2 Weeks and more . Day 1: Downtown, Plaza de Mayo, San Telmo. ©2019 - EVERGIB, LLC. For more details, visit our post on Cafayate, Argentina. Here reigns a silence almost as impressive as the mountain tops rising up behind the small town. I'm planning to visit Argentina in Jan/Feb for 3-4 weeks... was hoping for some suggestions for an itinerary? We will be there for about 2.5 weeks; we land the morning of December 18th after an overnight flight from Miami via Chicago and we fly back the evening of January 3rd. Enjoy delicious regional specialties, from homemade tamales at Mercado San Miguel to Bife de Chorizo at a classic steakhouse like  El Viejo Jack. If passing through San Martin de los Andes, you’ll also have the opportunity to travel along the Seven Lakes Route, one of South America’s most scenic drives. On the way, stop for lunch in the quiet town of Cachi for authentic tamales. Suggested Itineraries in Argentina Visitors to Argentina are spoiled for choice when it comes to putting together a holiday itinerary. With beautiful trails to hike and only nature around, you won’t be bored even for a second. Need a road map to prepare your itinerary ? You could choose to explore one specific region, but those of you who’d love to get an all-round impression of the country, are in for a treat! Hi, I am planning a four (maybe stretching to five) week trip to Argentina and could do with some help with my itinerary. Enjoy a café and people-watch in trendy Palermo. Salud! #WorkWanderRepeat. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Serving as a gateway to Península Valdés, Puerto Madryn is the ideal place to spot whales. This country is so vast, with such contrasting landscapes; it's impossible to see everything. Argentina is really a tale of two countries. Classic Argentina Itineraries Argentina in One Week. Once in Cafayate, head out to the wineries to learn how the desert climate creates more consistent wines. These cookies do not store any personal information. Enjoy balmy weather while strolling the many leafy plazas. Enjoy your wanders in Argentina! Any way the wind blows, you’ll be amazed by the greatness of Argentina. Whale Tails & Tyre Tracks. Exploring the colourful area of La Boca or cosy old San Telmo will definitely be on everyone’s to-do list, but also don’t miss out on trendy Palermo and the classy Recoleta neighbourhood. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. 3 Weeks; Argentina's north feels otherwordly, with pretty towns and cities, colorful mountains and desert scenery. Once there, you can do some short walks around, offering great views on this nature phenomenon, or join a boat tour bringing you closer up to to glacier. We didn’t fall in love with Buenos Aires from the very start. This itinerary offers the best of Argentina in 4 weeks. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. For more details, visit our post on Salta, Argentina. See all the main sights, cities, and attractions on this whirlwind Argentina itinerary for 3 weeks. Answer 1 of 7: Hello, my girlfriend and I are travelling to Argentina next January but we are not sure which Itinerary to follow, or if we should do a station less or more. We’ve now spent a total of 4 weeks in Buenos Aires, and it’s still not enough to fully explore a place of this size. If you follow any variant of my two months in South America itinerary, you’ll cross over the Andes from Chile into Argentina, placing your near the city of Mendoza, the hub of Argentina’s wine country.Mendoza itself is pretty whatever, if you ask me, but it’s only a short bus ride to one of the most fantastic experiences in all of South America. If you’re a wine-lover, we recommend heading there in February or March when the grapes are harvested. Given the size of Argentina, it is difficult to for travelers to explore all the terrain that the country has in just one week. We recommend this one, the most detailed and the most pleasant to read ! Check out the beautiful Andalusian tilework in Plaza España and people-watch in Plaza Independencia, the city’s central gathering spot. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. The laidback town of Salta is a wonderful introduction into Argentina. El Calafate, Bariloche & Salta. Lastly, end your tour in the welcoming capital of Buenos Aires – the ideal place to get a taste of the good life, South American style. Accommodation : For a bed in a dormitory in Buenos Aires, expect about 640 ARS / night, outside of the capital prices will be divided by two. Here, he plans 12 days in Argentina and Chile. Here is my rough itinerary although I am happy to change the order if anyone save money, or there’s another reason to. With stunning Tierra del Fuego right around the corner, it’s a dream come true for everyone who’s in for a taste of the real wild. Bargain for deals at Feira de San Telmo in historic San Telmo. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Soak up the easygoing way of life in the elegant, colonial town of Salta. On this two-week tour, you'll visit several of Argentina's most popular … This website uses cookies to improve your experience. From the valley’s oldest winery,  Vasija Secreta Winery, to modern bodegas like Bodega El Transito, there’s a plethora of wine experiences, each as unique and individual as the wine itself. Travel Details: Therefore, the constraints of travel time between locations may cause travelers to consider extending their visit by a few extra days to make up for the lost time.Even still, this itinerary is just a step towards fully understanding what makes Argentina so unique and attractive to international travelers. This itinerary offers the best of Argentina in 4 weeks. Group itineraries (just Argentina) Argentina: Astronomy & Wine - with Oxford’s Professor of Astrophysics. In a country as large and diverse as Argentina, it would be possible to construct any number of delightful itineraries.The two-week itinerary below, which follows the route I took on my latest visit, omits some of my favorite regions, including the wine country of Mendoza, Tierra del Fuego and Iguazu. Another Patagonian highlight is the Perito Moreno Glacier. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. For more details, visit our post on Buenos Aires, Argentina, or join us on our wanders in Chile: The best of Chile in 2 weeks. Enjoy a wine cellar tour at Rutini Vineyards. Count on six weeks for this road trip itinerary if you want to take in all 5224km. Mendoza has a Mediterranean climate, perfect for travel all year round. Main sights include the Centro Civico and the Cathedral of Our Lady of Nahuel Huapi, located along the crystal-clear glacial lake of the same name. From the cold south all the way up to the dusty heath in northern Salta. Like any capital city, Buenos Aires offers a wealth of things to do from museums to parks to gardens – and of course, an amazing nightlife. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Travelling around beautiful Argentina in 4 weeks At the top of the bucket list of many of you, and deservedly so, is gorgeous Argentina. Walk among the dead in elegant Recoleta. Ruta 40 - 6 weeks. Argentina is gi-gan-tic. In this two-week Argentina itinerary, you’ll be spending most of your time in Central and Northern Argentina. It's wise to sacrifice some locations and not rush. Jordan Harvey, a member of the Travel + Leisure A-List, highlights the types of itineraries he develops. For a private bedroom with shared bathroom, expect about 1280 ARS / night. Explore the charming wine region of Cafayate and its plentiful bodegas. Your trip starts in Buenos Aires, where you’ll spend a few days before flying to the majestic Iguazu Falls. No jetlag for us when we got to Argentina! Visit the Argentine Side of Iguazu Falls. Starting in the south, it includes stops in Ushuaia, Punta Arenas, Puerto Natales (for Torres Del Paine), El Calafate (for Perito Moreno Glacier), El Chaltén, Bariloche and El Bolsón. If, however, you pick out the right neighbourhoods, you’ll get why so many people are fond of it. On one hand it is rich in … My wife and I will be in Argentina from mid-Nov. to mid-Dec. After much research, I have come up with the intinerary below. Soak up the easygoing way of life in the elegant, colonial town of Salta. Here the mighty Andes mountains meet the famed Beagle Channel to form the dramatic background of your stay here. Itinerary 3: Urban Argentina. Start your three perfect days in Buenos Aires in the centre of the city.All Porteños begin their day with a cortado, a shot of espresso with a little milk.While very touristy, Café Tortoni (Avenida de Mayo 825) is a good place to do the same.Many famous artists and writers have spent time here, so you’ll sip your cuppa surrounded by history. When not wandering, Rachel and Brian are Co-Founders and Creative Directors at EVERGIB, a nomadic creative studio specializing in strategically-led advertising and branding. With just a tiny bit of luck, the whale in front of your boot jumps up to finish off his dive with an impressive swing of the tail. Hi all. Head south to The Lake District, a region in northern Patagonia known for stunning glacial lakes, mountain ranges and alpine forests. ... Iguazu (by plane) 4... Argentina. 26 November to 8 December 2021: Explore cosmopolitan Buenos Aires, the Argentine Lake District and beautiful national parks of Welsh Patagonia, and vineyards around Mendoza.Visit Argentina's two most important observatories, with insights and fascinating lectures from Professor Davies. One of the most frustrating things is that Argentina is so massive that you can’t possibly visit all the different things on your list in just one trip (unless that trip is 4 weeks or longer…). Read our tips for Ushuaia here. EVERGIB Wanders is the travel blog of Rachel Scott Everett and Brian Gibson, dedicated to the inspiration that travel has brought us over the years, both personally and professionally. Note that these itineraries are meant to build upon each other and that many locations will be recycled. Feel free to read our tips below and watch a video we made of our backpacking trip . From awe-inspiring Patagonia to the jungles around Iguazú, from the lonely salt flats near Salta to bustling Buenos Aires: Argentina has it all for those looking for a varied travel itinerary. Salta: 4 days + 1 travel dayCafayate: 3 daysMendoza: 4 daysThe Lake District (Bariloche): 6 days Buenos Aires: 10 days. Afterward, you’ll leave the jungle to trek the mighty Perito Moreno Glacier in El Calafate. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. We took a direct flight from Amsterdam to Buenos Aires and back with KLM, which took about 14 hours each way. Explore downtown Mendoza with its lively pedestrian street of shops, cafes and restaurants.
2020 argentina itinerary 4 weeks