Alesis Coda Pro is a popular option in the middle of the digital pianos price range. These pianos are designed to be portable and affordable while keeping a focus on sound and quality. They are ideal for piano students, stage … Unlike some of the earlier products from Alesis, the Coda and Coda Pro are easy on the eyes. Frankly, the Coda series was designed keeping professionals in mind however, this piano with its simplicity and versatility is just as suitable for schools, students, recreational studio and stage use. The Coda is an 88-key semi-weighted digital piano, while the Pro offers an 88-key weighted action keyboard. The weighted keys play beautifully and the sound is gorgeous with my speakers I attached. When I first played it, I first fell in love with the hammer action. And with the hammer action keyboard costing only $100 more than the base model, most musicians agree that it’s well worth the investment. I've had this keyboard for nearly two years now with the goal of finally learning the piano. The pedal sometimes fails to sustain the notes at times and its quite frustrating especially when practicing a new piece. It seemed perfect for what my needs were and so I scooped one up for $399! I'm going to talk a bit about what went wrong, but also talk about how I've used this with my iPad to help learn piano! If you are a classical pianist and looking for real fealings of natural keys under your fingers, or you are a student just starting to learn piano, then you should buy the hammer action modification – this is called Alesis Coda Pro. The extreme lower bass octaves have somewhat of a (good) muffled sound - exactly like an authentic piano. The Coda is an 88-key semi-weighted digital piano, while the Pro offers an 88-key weighted action keyboard. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. If you’re a live or studio musician, the Coda Pro is the better choice when seeking a digital piano to meet your professional needs. When you go over 88 key measured keyboard pianos, realize that there are going with characteristics that characterizes it. For those who want the complete piano feel, Alesis offers the Coda Pro with Hammer-action weighted keys! The main difference is that Recital Pro has weighted keys, more sounds, and has the ability to record your playing. Before we get too far into performance, let’s clear the air on the consideration that everyone worries about: price. I absolutely love my new piano!!! Each key is made well too - you won’t find cheap feeling plastics here. Alesis has done a good job in getting pro features into a moderately priced package. Customize the voices by combining any two at once in Layer Mode for a full, rich tone. Some of the features on both the Coda and Coda Pro are as follows. I have used many Alesis products over the years and I even currently own one of their new Forge drum kits (which is budget priced but still excellent). Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I have 10 years of classical training but took a considerable break from playing any piano at all during my college and early career years. Recital Pro Digital piano. The Alesis Coda Pro is a digital piano with 88 hammer-action keys that has the versatility and rich sound you’re looking for. Of course, keep in mind that a low price does correlate with fewer features. And a pitch bend wheel allows you to raise and lower the notes currently being played. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. It is a bit mellower than some of the other digital pianos I've played, but when I heard a recording of a show I used the keyboard for, I was blown away with the natural sound. It's in the top 3 bestselling digital pianos and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Yamaha DGX650B or Casio Privia PX-160. The Yamaha P45 is better in quality to the Alesis Recital and is a better choice if you want to learn piano and have a little more money. And among them, Coda Pro is the lightest. I can play with or without headphones so as not to disturb my roommates. $650.00. The Alesis Coda and Coda Pro are full-featured 88-key digital pianos that have the versatility and rich sound you’re looking for. This is a more professional option that comes with semi-weighted keys. My only complaint is the pedal it comes with though I know you usually have to buy a better one as its simply an added bonus. Free shipping. I ended up purchasing a better pedal and now I'm 100% happy! The keys are amazing! Reviewed in the United States on December 3, 2016. Because of its versatile nature, the Coda Pro is suitable for players who are looking for an inexpensive keyboard with the right number of features. What Can You Expect When You Order Your Alesis Coda Pro? Alesis Coda Pro 88-Key Digital Piano with Hammer-Action KeysTheyᅢᄁ? Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. However, it is safe to say that the Coda is very affordable. It mimics the hammers of a real acoustic piano very well. It sounds just as good in the middle section as in the lower. They’re the perfect solution for any situation where a full-size keyboard is needed, but where portability and affordability are also important. ?re the perfect solution for any situation where a full-size keyboard is needed, but where portability and affordability are also important. The only negative Is the damper pedal. It might not feel that way to you as you hand over the money. Reviewed in the United States on April 18, 2016. The Coda comes in around few dollars and the Coda Pro lands at around $$$. This does the job quite nicely and more than met my expectations. For a digital piano in the entry-level market, the Coda and Coda Pro feature a great piano sample. I found the sound of the piano to be quite nice. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. It includes the three pedals – Soft, Sostenuto, Sustain and the half-pedal functionality, and can be connected to the keyboard via a single cable. With that being said, the mere extra $$$ to have those hammer action keys makes the Coda Pro the top choice for live musicians, as well as piano teachers and students. It wasn't long before I found that keyboard to be completely lacking in regards to my needs. Reviewed in the United States on December 16, 2016. I wasn't really looking for something with a wide range of instrument sound options or recording capabilities. Top subscription boxes – right to your door. With that being said, the mere extra $$$ to have those hammer action keys makes the Coda Pro the top choice for live musicians, as well as piano teachers and students. Reviewed in the United States on July 7, 2017. You get a great keyboard for a very reasonable price with lots of features. This is due in part to Alesis teaming up with two of the world’s most renowned music software companies – AiR Music Technology and SONiVOX – to provide two different keyboard types and a new built-in sound engine for the Coda series. I am absolutely in love with this keyboard. Alesis Recital Pro vs Yamaha P-45. The Alesis Coda Pro is a full-featured 88-key digital piano with authentic hammer-action weighted keys that has the versatility and rich sound youre looking for. Each model has 20 different presets, including two Grand Piano sounds, three Electric Piano tones, Harpsichord, Clavinet and Vibraphone voices, five different Organ sounds, Harmonica and Accordion, Electric Guitar and Fingered Bass, two Strings sounds and a Percussion set. The manufacturer commented on the review below, As someone learning piano, I love my Coda Pro! The hammer action weighted keys go a very long way in making the Coda Pro feel like a quality instrument. This is a big difference between the two digital keyboards since the inclusion of weighted keys in the Pro means you get to feel the same responsiveness when pressing the keys as with the traditional acoustic piano. Here are my pros and cons: is a far better pedal for me, and it's not expensive. Overall exceptional purchase. And as other reviewers have discussed, the weight on this keybed is hefty. At Alesis, while our products range from keyboards, synthesizers, hard disk recorders, iPod recording and playback devices, electronic drums, mixers, signal processors, effects units, amplifiers and speakers one thing remains consistent; our passion for inspiring musical … Except for the busted USB port and no response from support, Reviewed in the United States on November 8, 2017. The manufacturer commented on this review. And the AUX output allows you to connect to a digital recorder or mixer without using the headphone outs. Best Digital Piano Under 500 – Reviews and Buyer’s Guide, Yamaha Arius YDP 142 Review 2020 – Manual & Buyer’s Guide, The One Light Keyboard Review 2020 – Manual & Buyer’s Guide, Best Piano Lamps 2020 – Reviews and Buyer’s Guide, Williams Legato Review 2020 – Buyer’s Guide, What to Know Before Buying Your First Piano. Plus, there’s a convincing mix of materials in both lucid and matte finishes to give that chassis a sleek and professional look. Similar to the Alesis Recital, its small brother, the Alesis Recital Pro also features an 88-key keyboard. If you’re someone who has only played on non-weighted keyboards, you will notice a major difference.. I sincerely apologize if you've been attempting to contact us about your USB port. The Alesis Coda Pro 88-Key Digital Piano is an instrument that closely replicates authentic touch, feel and response of a grand piano. Alesis Coda Alesis Coda Pro Key amount and type 88 Full Size Semi-Weighted Keys 88 Hammer-Action Weighted Keys Presets amount 20 20 Polyphony 64 Notes 64 Notes Effect types Reverb, Chorus, EQ Reverb, Chorus, EQ Audio inputs 1/4 inch TRS Input 1/4 inch TRS Input Audio outputs 2 x 1/4 inch (headphone), 1 x 1/4 inch (aux out) The Coda series was introduced at the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) in 2015 with great reception. The fully weighted keybed of the Coda Pro is completely worth the extra money in my opinion. It didn't feel quite right and wasn't as responsive as I would have liked. If you are looking for the pure-clarity sound that’s found in most digital piano, the Coda Pro is not for you. If blindfolded, I don't think one would really know it's not an acoustic piano being played based on the classic tone quality. I've wanted a hammer action keyboard for some time, and this suits me pretty well. The Recital features 5 realistic built-in voices: Acoustic Piano, Electric Piano, Organ, Synth, and Bass. Other than that, I love how everything is set up with a shift key to change settings with the keys instead of having endless buttons all over the interface. The full 88-key keyboard with the hammer action weighted keys that allow you create a supreme tone similar to that produced by full-sized keyboards like the Acoustic Piano. Alesis support here! THIS PIANO WAS ABSOLUTELY TOP-NOTCH. Alesis has been absent from the keyboard scene for a few years but is coming back strong with this new series. When I decided to start playing piano again I brought a fairly cheap keyboard that I used to gauge my actual interest. The Coda Pro Has A Hammer Action Keyboard, But Here Is Where the Coda Pro Takes the Lead. The Alesis Coda Pro is an 88-Key Digital Piano with a realistic-feel hammer action keybed thats perfect for pianists who want to take their instruments with them. Aside from that though, the features are mostly the same. I'd love to see what we can do for you so please feel free to email me directly at mvieira@inmusicbrands.com. The Coda Pro by Alesis is a full-size digital piano with professional parts. There are also 10 buttons used to control the 20 built-in voices. I needed something with 88 keys that felt like a piano when I pressed the keys. I was excited to see that Alesis had come out with a fully weighted 88 note keyboard which included some features that make it useful as a MIDI controller. I have to say I purchased this keyboard based on the price more than anything. I ordered the Alesis Coda Pro and all I can say is wow! Alesis Coda PRO The Alesis Coda PRO, 88-Key Digital Piano is a great buy if you’re still on the hunt for a digital piano with semi-weighted keys at a reasonable price. This creates a natural playing sound. They are, in fact, quite lightweight. It's … This is a massive selling point, as not many keyboards at this price range feature fully weighted keys. If you’re looking for a digital piano with hammer-action keys, you need to check out the newest alesis coda pro review, in particular. GREAT DEAL! I like the sound and feel of it better than the Yamaha. With 88 weighted keys, hammer action and a great price point, the Alesis Recital is an excellent option for new musicians who plan to advance to the intermediate level, or an inexpensive 88 keys option for advanced players. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. And you can also record directly on your keyboard using the integrated 2-track recorder, which allows you to record up to five songs at once. So that means your choice is going to mostly depend on how you want the piano keys to feel under your fingers. Recently our church changed from a baby grand piano to a Yamaha S90xs so I started looking for a keyboard to practice on at home. But you don’t have to be a professional to appreciate this new series. Plus, the ability to split or layer two different tones allows the player to achieve a huge range of voices, thanks to the integrated DSP which adds great effects to the mix. The Coda weighs around 24 pounds and the Coda Pro comes in at under 28 pounds. And if you have any advice on getting the most from the Alesis Coda Pro, feel free to comment below! The Alesis Recital is a full-featured digital piano with 88 full-sized semi-weighted keys with adjustable touch response. Alesis Coda Pro 88-Key Digital Piano with Hammer-Action Keys, User Record, Sustain Pedal, and Stand Our Best Pick: 9. Your Coda Pro box will contain the following: And if you want to transform your Coda Pro into an upright digital piano, you can add in the Coda Piano Stand for another $150.00. If you want something that is f… Affordable, Easy-to-play Digital Piano from Alesis. Aside from a new key action and a redesigned cabinet, the Recital Pro is equipped with a bunch of new instrument sounds as well as a small LCD which makes navigation easier. See all details for Alesis Coda Pro | 88-Key Digital Piano with Hammer-Action Keys, Split... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
2020 alesis coda pro weighted action