Hello. More Details on the Amenities Surrounding Ahwatukee Country Club Golf We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. 652 people like this. We see you rated the course 1 star, we take single star feedback very seriously at our course. 964 were here. The neighbors roped True Life into their lawsuit, arguing that it was now responsible for maintaining the golf course on the property, under the governing documents. Ahwatukee Golf Course The 18-hole "Ahwatukee" course at the Ahwatukee Country Club facility in Phoenix, Arizona features 6,713 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. Fla. Although Gee denied it in court, neighbors and a Maricopa County Superior Court judge accused the developer of intentionally letting the property deteriorate in hopes of eventually using the property for something more lucrative. Thanks for the review. We are glad to know you consider the course one of your favorites, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Hi mrrenz. and the guy just laughed it off, and the guy joining my group said cool, no problem. Get new listings for Ahwatukee Golf Course Properties emailed to you the FIRST DAY they appear on the market! Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Ahwatukee Country Club! On Sept. 19, the Arizona Court of Appeals affirmed the Maricopa County Superior Court decision. If that wasn't bad enough, the guy immediately pulled out his BT speaker and started blasting heavy metal, without asking if it was ok. Then would smoke, once again, without asking, while driving. 723 people follow this. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. $62. This course is not very well maintained and pales in comparison to other AZ courses. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round! Proposed changes to Phoenix zoning ordinances aim to prevent this and other closed golf courses from blighting the surrounding communities. After a tight front nine on the Ahwatukee Country Club golf course, things open up on a razor-sharp par-4 dogleg 10th hole, with no chance to cut corners: there's a towering forest to the left. Yelp Foursquare. I figured that they were taking advantage of the fact that many other courses are closed right now for over-seeding; you know, supply and demand. Round of Golf for One, Two, or Four Including Add-Ons at Ahwatukee Country Club (Up to 72% Off). Hi u4256877. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON COOKIES INCLUDING HOW TO MANAGE YOUR CONSENT VISIT OUR. Thanks for choosing Ahwatukee Country Club. Neighbors say the 18-hole executive course fell into disrepair during Bixby's ownership. We're delighted you enjoyed your round. 902rayt. Neighbors say the course, now overgrown with weeds and bare patches, has become an eyesore that is lowering their property values. Ahwatukee Country Club — designed by Arizona golf legend, John Bulla, this 6,713 yard, par 72 layout mixes the beauty of its desert landscape with mature tree-lined fairways, and a challenging, yet fair, layout to create a memorable golf experience. Hurry, the best deals go fast! A chain-link fence with barbed wire top that had surrounded the perimeter of the Ahwatukee Lakes Golf Club was moved early in February, 2014, to the interior of the property to surround only the lakes. :-). We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. The fairways were mowed tight but the ball sat up very nicely. The court wrote that True Life took a "calculated risk" when it purchased the property, as it knew that several homeowners opposed converting the golf course into a residential development and there was a pending lawsuit. The greens and fairways is the best I have seen it. The greens were also shaved clean (they at least rolled okay for the most part, albeit at about 74 on the stimp meter.) Plans for Ahwatukee Farms included a maximum of three houses per gross acre across the entire property. The golf course is par-72 and measures 6,713 yards from the championship tees. I'll definitely play ACC again! Copyright 2020 Golf Advisor. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. I played by myself on Friday, and after checking in and my clubs on a cart, a staff member was talking to a man and told him he could play in my group, but HAD to ride in my cart! I am not sure what it was or why this happened. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I've played this course 1-8 times a year since the 70s and always enjoy ACC. Get Directions (480) 893-9772. Reach the reporter at jessica.boehm@gannett.com or 480-694-1823. The greens were awful, the traps havnt seen water in months. Reviewed Jul 24 2014 by Lee F - rated 4 out of 5. "In order to make millions for themselves, they destroyed the landscape, blighted our neighborhoods, divided our community, undercut the value of our homes — and then blamed the victims," co-plaintiff Linda Swain said in a statement at the time. I've always liked this course. Venue Stats . Sort by: Date | Review Rank | Rated High | Rated Low. 166 Total; 53 Unique; 2 Monthly; 0 You; More Venue Details . These opinions do not necessarily represent the views of Golfshake.com . All rights reserved. Cancel. It was in great shape last weekend with the exception of one … Mediocre Golf, but good price We had thought we were heading for the Ahwatukee short course, which we discovered has been closed. Ahwatukee Golf, Phoenix, AZ. Select Option. Golf-course fencing along South 44th Street. It's an older course but is just a nice track to play. Great staff....great food.... fri night fish fry all you can eat! Pulte spokeswoman Jacque Petroulakis at the time attributed the company's decision to withdraw to an inability to come to final terms with the seller, not opposition from neighbors. The site has been at the center of a land-use battle since the course closed in 2013. Neighbors, already miffed about the closed golf course, rallied together to oppose the project and preserve the open space. Price Range $$ Hours 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM. I felt taken advantage of for that price. Before owner Wilson Gee closed it, Ahwatukee Lakes Golf Course was a verdant playground for duffers that two homeowners have fought for six years to be restored. Probably the worst course in Phoenix. Thank you for playing Ahwatukee Country Club. It was in great shape last weekend with the exception of one … Thank you for reviewing the course. 2%. The other plaintiff, Eileen Breslin, said some of the homeowners burdened by the developers' decisions include elderly women living alone who invested their entire savings to purchase homes along the golf course to "ensure a quiet, secure retirement.". Call me and I will create an automated MLS search for you (using your criteria). Golf Course & Country Club in Phoenix, Arizona. 106 18. For the money it is definitely not worth it. Frustrating the course is so poorly maintained. For more stories that matter, subscribe to azcentral.com. Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about. Welcome to our new and improved comments, which are for subscribers only. Hello, marshallr. Subscribe to azcentral.com today. There were a couple of times were 3 foursomes were stuck in a tee box waiting for the group in front of ours. Neighbors have complained not only about the fence but the browned out grass, bare patches, and growing weeds. For just a bit more money you can book rounds on GolfNow at much nicer courses. I only play this course 5 or 6 times a year. Shuttered Ahwatukee Lakes Golf Club, located on 13431 S. 44th St., Phoenix, which now is surrounded by barbed wire and chain-link fencing. Thank you for visiting us at Ahwatukee Country Club. The empty lake on the 18th hole at the old Ahwatukee Lakes Golf Course in July 2016. 4.4. out of 0 reviews. Ahwatukee Lakes Golf Course owner Wilson Gee testified Monday that he hopes to “build a bett… × Post a comment as . Photos. The semi-private Ahwatukee Country Club offers an 18-hole golf course designed by John Bulla in 1974 that is open year-round and includes a driving range, as well as a cart included in the greens fee. Learn More. It paid $750,000 up front, with the rest due to Bixby over time. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. ahwatukeegolf.com. To ensure you the best experience, we use cookies on our website for technical, analytical and marketing purposes. Report Abuse × Reported × There was a problem reporting this. Ask Rosquete about Ahwatukee Country Club. Ahwatukee Farms would include a school, cafe and a community farm. The price at least meant that the course would be in decent shape for what it is. Hi, ropegun. 530+ bought. Golf homes near the Ahwatukee Country Club are highly desired and a great place to call home, offering an amenity-rich, active lifestyle with shopping, dining, and recreation. 3.5 out of 5 stars. We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. We hope to see you again in the future. Hours. Hello, andrewk18. See More Photos. Loyal Patrons . You can’t expect it to compete with the better courses in the area, but hope it would be as good as the city owned ones and it’s not. 12432 S 48th St, Phoenix, Arizona 85044, Maricopa County, WE AND OUR PARTNERS USE COOKIES ON THIS SITE TO IMPROVE OUR SERVICE, PERFORM ANALYTICS, PERSONALIZE ADVERTISING, MEASURE ADVERTISING PERFORMANCE, AND REMEMBER WEBSITE PREFERENCES. × Watch this discussion. I've always liked this course. Maricopa County Superior Court Judge John Hannah ruled that the governing documents require the property to be maintained as a golf course. 3.5. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.
2020 ahwatukee golf course