Answering these questions will give you a rough draft of your objective statement. In some organizations, it is the duty of administrative assistant to ensure that the housekeeping activities are undertaken on a daily basis and a report is presented on the same. Whichever be the field or industry, you must be aware about the job expectations or objectives of this profile in order to get hired by a reputed organization. Administrative assistants are some of the most valuable of all employees because they are the doers, the ones who get things done and can be instrumental in helping the organization achieve its objectives. In many organizations, it is the duty of the administrative assistant to make travel and accommodation reservations on behalf of the executives who travel for official duties to domestic and international destinations. Saved by Kim Wilson. And get a copy of our FREE E-Book - Especially freshers with entry-level resumes, should not even think of inserting anything fancy or too clever statements. He should be able to negotiate with the vendors. The objective statement in your resume is significant for getting hired and therefore, should be compiled very carefully. Use this unexpected free time to catch up on some of those tasks that seem to hit the back burner of your priority list – and stay there. 1. Thus, an administrative assistant has to follow a proper process for ordering inventory, collecting invoices and payment of bills. What Goals/Objectives Are & What They Are Not. The role of an Administrative Assistant is really vague nowadays. What are the key areas of responsibility? The administrative assistant has to ensure that the office equipment is in constant working condition by undertaking preventive maintenance for old equipment and evaluation of new equipment. Join 4000+ subscribers! READ MORE on smallbusiness.chron.com 10 Examples of Career Goals [for Job Interviews & Performance Reviews] The administrative assistant now has a goal to ensure that all employees have required I-9 forms in their personnel file. Enter your email below to receive FREE articles to help you manage your organization better! As an administrative assistant you should also use SMART goal setting. Creating and achieving professional milestones shows your dedication to your employer, demonstrates your initiative, and helps you advance your career. Someone recently asked me to provide some examples of administrative assistant performance goals. A List of Goals for a Project Assistant. Good communication skills are critical to anyone's success in business and possibly even more so in the case of an administrative assistant. As an administrative assistant you need to be very organized. These goals fall into five thematic areas: Operational excellence; SMART is an acronym […] Knowing whether to defer a conversation to your supervisor or handle it yourself is an attribute. The best way to make an objective statement work in your favor, is to keep it simple. Use these strategies and sample resume objective statements to send the right message to a prospective employer with an excellent admin assistant resume objective. He also has to arrange for corporate gifts for the guests. Administrative Assistant Resume Objective. Start with Your Strategic Administrative Career Plan. When writing your resume objective for an administrative assistant position, use this template to get started: Administrative assistant looking for a position at [company name or type], where I can apply my [years of experience] of [type of experience] and [skill 1], [skill 2] and [skill 3] to support [career goal or shared goal with company]. Some jobs in this field can be as low as minimum wage or around $10/hr and other jobs could be high paying (ie some high paying law firm, bank, or private company). Performance objectives are goals, they are not a list of tasks that look like a job description. Get FREE articles to help you manage your organization better! may incorporate some of the job description for an administrative assistant. Thank you! The ability to communicate effectively is critical to the job of administrative assistant. An administration assistant needs to have strong networking and communication skills as he has to interact with the senior management, employees, as well as the vendors. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. The overall objective of a project assistant is usually to support the project manager and his team, which would involve a wide range of tasks and mostly short-term goals. Strategic Goals and Objectives. For more information on quality continued education for administrative professionals, executive assistants and office professionals, visit us at www.AdminUniverse.com Administrative Professionals Goal Setting Guide and Template Authored by: Joanne Linden, CAP, CEAP | Compliments of AdminUniverse™ Looking for a challenging position as an 'Administrative Assistant' in an educational institution. Ensure database in fully operational and report IT issues promptly for action, following up to ensure action is taken. Support your assistant in becoming even better at their job, and growing in a multitude of ways. The beauty of flowing goal responsibility throughout the organization is that it gives every employee an opportunity to participate in the success of the organization. Office/Telephone Reception. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Someone recently asked me to provide some examples of administrative assistant performance goals. That goal document might look something like this: Implementing a strategy requires a process to distribute responsibility throughout the organization. District priorities are widely communicated and administrator goals are communicated to the corresponding faculty and staff: Examples of Leadership Teams PLCs, DEAC, ScIP, Instructional Council, or Administrative Team Our site includes quite a bit of content, so if you're having an issue finding what you're looking for, go on ahead and use that search feature there! Ever before you in administrative assistant goals for assistants are stored on the objective acts as to the key people are the event. An administrative assistant undertakes routine administration-related work in an organization. Attending meetings wherever administration support is required, monitoring visitor access, receiving and delivering parcels, liaisoning with third parties to benefit the organization, etc. Top 20 Administrative Resume Objective Examples you can Use. Also, he has to prepare and control administrative budgets. Self-assessments can be a powerful force for good in our careers says Marie Herman. Administrative Services, under the leadership of Laura Hubbard, is engaged in managing goals for our unit as well as our role in UB 2020. Professional pride is not … It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. What exactly are my career goals?Are my qualifications specifically related to my goals?What is the position that I am seeking?What type of organization would I like to work for?What is my area of expertise?Is it related to my career goals? No charge. This also includes cost approvals from senior authorities. administrative assistant objectives examples of administrative job. Now compose the statement by trimming it down and making it very specific. Here is a list of the key objectives of an administration assistant. Improve internal controls. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. ✓ Seeking to acquire an administrative assistant position, that bestows extensive experience, working in active environment, and requiring strong organizational and analytical skills. An administrative assistant has to cater to the administrative requirements of the employees and senior management. During such events, it is the duty of the administrative assistant to extend his full cooperation towards making the event a grand success. Unique position at other clients to spruce up, including but a critical to supervisor. Administrative tasks Invest in continuing education courses when appropriate / desired. He has to prepare reports for dispensing advance cash or company credit cards to the employees who travel and also collect their expense sheets along with proofs. Also, he has to maintain a record of the incoming and outgoing mail. Only love. Many times organizations have events like new facility inauguration, important delegation visit, customer meet, vendor day, etc. You should understand exactly everything that you have mentioned in the objective and use it with a proper resume format. The manager is asking the administrative assistant to help improve the satisfaction score by reducing call wait times and giving her a goal to improve call wait time by 90 seconds. He has to undertake cost reduction and implement cost-efficient methods wherever possible, in the interest of the company. There are 75 active employee files and the administrative assistant needs to make sure each of those files has a completed I-9 form. Getting Started with Goal Setting. Also, he has to verify the receipts before making payments. Sample Objectives for an Administrative Assistant Objectives Maintain the AAA database by ensuring new data is added within 2 days. Employee goals should be part of their job description and staff should be assessed for completion of goals at the annual performance appraisal. Setting goals for your administrative assistant position is an important part of the job. For example, goals for your receptionist may include distributing and.
2020 administrative assistant objectives and goals