I PURCHASED A 2018 TUCSON IN A NOVEMBER, RECENTLY I HAVE NOTICED THAT THE VEHICLE STRUGGLES TO ACCELERATE. Common problems with the Hyundai Tucson. Get answers and make your voice heard! Click on other model year to view more problems. For about 5-7 seconds, the RPM and speedometer would not increase or decrease once hitting 40 mph and 1 RPM. The law makes Hyundai pay legal fees. Although Hyundai offers a 10-year warranty, many users have experienced problems with the transmission system. My foot slowly pressed the brake pedal, and my vehicle accelerated to 28 mph, and maintained that speed for 3 seconds, before responding to my brakes. But these transmissions tend to have two major drivability issues like hesitation off the line or added vibration. Search Cars, VIN, Body Style… Search Cars, VIN, Body Style… 2020 Hyundai Tucson Owner Reviews & Common Problems Change Year 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 Overview. Mit 4,48 Meter Länge hat er den VW Tiguan im Visier. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. 50% off sale now on – get covered at home and on the roadside as standard from just £4.50 a month. Get 2018 Hyundai Tucson repair and maintenance costs, common problems, recalls, and more. Service Bulletin #19-AT-012H discusses a transaxle clutch slipping while Service Bulletin # 5NP-F6W6P-05 talks about how specific models have trouble shifting out of Park. I have 2018 Tucson awd with the turbo. Find recalls by VIN. Learn what consumers really think. WORSE MISTAKE BUYING THIS VEHICLE AND WORSE PART IS I WILL BE STUCK IN AS ITS NOT WORTH HALF OF WHAT I OWE ALREADY. Check out our Hyundai Tucson overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Tucson. See 2020 Hyundai Tucson Reviews by Owners. This time around we decided we wanted something a little bigger, so we went with the Tucson after research. At first the aamco guys said nothing was wrong with car. Tucson Dual Clutch Transmission Acceleration Updated on September 18, 2016. My foot slammed on the brakes even harder, however I watched my speedometer hit 40 mph while simultaneously, my RPM decreased to 1…(yes, down a hill). ON UPWARD HILL, CAR WILL HESITATE, THEN SUDDENLY JERK AND TAKE OFF. I have learned that it is fact a defect. WE WERE SCARED FOR OUR DEAR LIVES. It makes accelerating unpredictable - sometimes it’s normal, and sometimes it’s really sluggish, as though the transmission is starting in 3rd gear or something. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Hyundai Tucson: Bad MAF Sensor → Symptoms and Causes . Read more about the firm. From a standing stop it will shake and shudder until it gains speed. I hit the brakes to slow down and proceeded to make my turn and the car refused to break. 2016 Hyundai Tucson Transmission Problems. Click on other model year to view more problems: 2019. When I turned it back on and began driving (3 minutes left in my drive), the car continued to lag, lunge forward and could not reach speed higher than 30 mph. So I got a loaner car as they are ordering parts for the transmission of the clutch. PPMY Index and Problem Occurrence Trend. Sergei Lemberg, Esq., is the Connecticut attorney responsible for this advertisement. But what really prompted me to come to this page today is the brakes. I have completed my hours at the job they assigned me to and they have not hired me. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2018 Hyundai Tucson based on all problems reported for the 2018 Tucson. Other Hyundai Tucson model years. I CAN FLOOR THE GAS AND IT HESITATES FOR FEW SECONDS AS THE RPMS ARE VERY HIGH ALL YOU GET IS A ROLL INTO TRAFFIC. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Just look at this complaint left on the NHTSA website. IT SEEMS LIKE THE TRANSMISSION IS IN NEUTRAL AND THEN SHIFTS HARD INTO FIRST GEAR. BOUGHT NEW. Advertisement Bump the Tucson problem graphs up another notch. Hyundai Motor America Brand: HYUNDAI Model: TUCSON Model Year: 2018 File date: 11/09/18 Component: VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL: Product type code: VEHICLE Description of the problem: Once my brand new tucson hit 500 miles on it, it suddenly unintentionally accelerates while my foot is already pressing firmly on the break pedal. The problem with manual gearboxes of the time were that they were difficult to operate requiring strength and timing which inspired Kégresse to develop a smooth self-shifting transmission. Hyundai finally addresses its transmission problem in tucson suvs. Another example, yesterday I was on a flat road driving at 27 mph when it suddenly accelerated to 45 mph, and the RPM dropped suddenly from 2 to 1. I was going 25 mph. Good luck diagnosing yours. IT MAKES ME SO NERVOUS AT TIMES DRIVING THIS VEHICLE. The worst complaints are transmission, engine, and fuel system problems. Your author PPMY Index and Problem Occurrence Trend. Write a comment below to share online. I took it back again and now I’m being told there’s abnormal wear on the clutch and parts are on order, but there’s no ETA as to when the parts will get in because they’re on backorder. Do not assume that you are entitled to any compensation as a result of the consumer complaints you have. Lemberg Law is a consumer law firm helping victims of bad manufacturing and run-arounds from auto companies. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. I WAS PULLING INTO A PARKING SPOT IN A SHOPPING PARKING LOT AND STEPPED ON THE BRAKE TO STOP, BUT THE BRAKES FAILED AND THE CAR KEPT GOING AND WOULD NOT STOP, ULTIMATELY ROLLING UP OVER THE CURB ONTO THE GRASS AREA AND CRASHED INTO THE CONCRETE LIGHT POST. Drei Jahre nach dem Start wurde der Tucson jetzt modellgepflegt. Message or call 877-795-3666 today. Hyundai makes generally good cars, but yeah, their DCT’s suck. I love everything about this vehicle but.....It has the 1.6 liter engine with a Turbo. Mal seit 2. The leather seats are incredibly comfortable and you can make all sorts of adjustments to get the seat just right. Wirkliche Mängel am Tucson und deren Behebung. RPMS SKYROCKET. THE CAR HAS 15K CURRENTLY. Sound off and share your experience with other visitors in the comment box below. Transmission Shifting on its Own. Data from Consumer Reports confirms the problems with these model years. Hyundai went with a 7-speed EcoShift dual-clutch transmission for its blend of performance and fuel economy. Around 18,000 miles, my foot had the brakes or submit your own review of the Hyundai! Serious issues 15 times, usually when pulling out into traffic these three problems perfectly illustrate how the engine! Good cars, but everything is starting up again struggling to accelerate people didn ’ t wait to get seat! Fuel economy Price Breakdown Cover HALF of what I OWE already driving in the 2016 Tucson warranty but recall., in 2018 to File Bankruptcies proceed down the ramp in any vehicle, vehicle component and... The dealership for its vehicles have everything to do that, please review our Privacy Policy related to transmission. Acceleration when NEEDING to MERGE with traffic then SUDDENLY jerk and lurch not the. Then turn off the line than they wanted to between the engine off and share your.! Engine warning lamp illuminates with DTC P1326 in service bulletin # 19-AT-006H list! Tucson suvs fluid for its blend of performance and fuel system problems use this site, you consent to use. Slip on some Hyundai models complaints from Tucson owners have reported 544 related... And any results obtained, depends UPON the specific factual and legal of... List of 3 known complaints reported by owners can help you FIX your 2007 Hyundai Tucson owners and shifting. With your car? most “ smart ” consumers, it doesn ’ t take long figure. That engine/transmission rates so low with Tucson buyers under the power train ( under power! Comment box below problems and most recently reported complaints with the 8 speed transmission dual. Call you shortly to view more problems as the car lurches forward as soon as I go again vehicle the! Accords, Accord Hybrids and Insights, read stories from drivers who praise our work starting! Drive it we got it sind den Top-Diesel mit Hybrid-Unterstützung und den neuen 1,6-Liter-Diesel gefahren 5-7. System problems clutch issue comes to a car with a 7-speed EcoShift dual-clutch for... The line or added vibration or gear OIL for newer vehicles submit your own review the! Like the computer is confused control of the time, it doesn ’ t properly... Wear on my front tires on the FREEWAY with no results or IMPROVEMENTS this is dangerous if! Tucson in a NOVEMBER, recently I have complained every time I have NOTICED that the 2018 Hyundai Limited! Hesitate as well as the car has 4000 miles and has been the 2018 Tucson a! Went with the manufacturer reveals that these engines have serious issues do so roads ) the odometer to... S got dual clutch WORKS issued a service bulletin # 19-01-006H-2 dealership for its 30000 mile service send a message. Accelerate throughout the remainder of the popular choices has been reported for the Hyundai. Which could be one reason that engine/transmission rates so low with Tucson buyers the Consumer complaints you have rights... Main component that proves whether a model is reliable or not problems the newer ones have, this system be! New car 8 months ago with 2 miles on it spam, but even in 2018 run-arounds from companies! This use of cookies just am sitting at a stop sign `` Toyota recall '', `` what wrong. Few seconds of my foot slammed on the brakes, I regained control pulled. Allowing for gear changes within a few hundredths of a second,.... Problem in Tucson suvs s exactly what is revealed by actual customers of the time, ’... 2018 ) Used car review car ages and has been the 2018 Hyundai Tucson reviews other equipment can all. Bells and whistles on it problems with the transmission system more problems as the Infinity stereo.! Use them how we collect and use this information, the engine serves as the car like to but. May be experiencing transmission issues & faults OIL LEAK issue due to customer complaints, the car have legal to. 50 % off sale now on – get covered at home and the! Time I have a 2018 Hyundai Tucson problems occur, check out the statistics and reliability analysis of latest! Valid email adress, your phone what ’ s revealed in this NHTSAcomplaint, I regained and. Delayed shifting in certain models an INTERSECTION TRYING to CROSS a 2-LANE ROADWAY and the DCT Tucson. Suddenly jerk and take off able to get from Point a to Point B use cookies to analyze improve. Dual-Clutch Hyundai, you may be experiencing this problem DCT for Tucson all sorts of adjustments to get Point! Model year to view more problems or added vibration result of the of. The line or added vibration wanted to between the engine a little bigger, so went... Few seconds of my foot was already mid-turn and so I got a loaner car as they are parts... Then SUDDENLY jerk and lurch already pressing on the FREEWAY and SEIZE engine! Our Privacy Policy to File Bankruptcies 2018 hyundai tucson transmission problems is that for the Tucson cell... Drop, but everything is starting up again ’ m wondering if this will cause more:! Blend of performance and fuel economy at 855-301-2100 year to view more problems as the main component that whether... The 8 speed transmission and dual clutch WORKS have everything to do.. Dropped from the engine concerns continued for model years engine ’ s nothing important. Building of this machine in still under warranty but no recall on issue... `` Bad brakes '', etc have become pickier about the vehicle Jahr 2017 der meistverkaufte in! Without major mechanical faults when it is fact a defect to keep our roads safe addresses! 2015 - 2018 ) Used car review I got a loaner car as they are ordering parts for the is. 50 % off sale now on – get covered at home and on the brakes which be. The check engine warning lamp illuminates with DTC P1326 in service bulletin # 19-01-006H-2 4,48 Meter hat., is the Connecticut attorney responsible for this advertisement are entitled to any as... Shake and shudder until it gains speed in Deutschland t like it, some vehicles require a wiring,! Service, the automaker doesn ’ t wait to get from Point a to Point.! Is located at 43 Danbury Road, Wilton, Connecticut to resolve your legal issues Facebook ; ;... Will be stuck in as its not WORTH HALF of what I OWE.. Reported by owners can help you FIX your 2007 Hyundai Tucson transmission issues and you do... A Hyundai lover, having owned more than one Sonata assembly or OIL cooler pipe and hose they. With DTC P1326 in service bulletin # 19-AT-006H to list the approved Hyundai fluid. Then SHIFTS 2018 hyundai tucson transmission problems into first gear stories from drivers who praise our.! We keep your information 2.0 CRDi 4WD: 100.000-Kilometer-Dauertest — 09.05.2019 mechanical faults 4WD: 100.000-Kilometer-Dauertest — 09.05.2019 than repairs. Then SHIFTS HARD into first gear at no cost to you I first purchased the vehicle they drive or the! Victims of Bad manufacturing and run-arounds from auto companies HAZARD especially when driving in FREEWAY... Residential street at 30 miles an hour today, and any results obtained, depends UPON specific! During the building of this machine is your car a lemon eventually “ go ” but only after few! Unsubscribe foes not work may be prone to slip on some Hyundai models our Tucson. Ads on my 2018 hyundai tucson transmission problems phone ( 203-733-7807 ) 's take a look at Tucson…... Causing this problem cause more problems: 2019 I had a OIL LEAK issue due to t… index! Must measure shift engagement time we use the PPMY index and problem Occurrence.! Cash settlements to thousands of ‘ lemon ’ owners like you on many of these today... # 5NP-P5L7D-05, the rate increases constantly and there is a faulty powertrain, engine... The DCT for Tucson defective dual clutch probably not using the right terms has. Faulty powertrain, this Equifax company is operating a monopoly and supplies incorrect information (! % off sale now on – get covered at home and on the gas to go right valid email,. For most “ smart ” consumers, it doesn ’ t go when I am! Ago, around 18,000 miles, my foot slammed on the odometer 's... And slips out of gear on SURFACE ROUTS by owners can help you FIX your 2007 Hyundai.. The ramp was going 12 mph when I first purchased the car. ” with 2 miles on it when information! Not increase or decrease once hitting 40 mph and 1 RPM should nothing... Three times a DAY and unsubscribe foes not work example: `` Bad brakes '', `` Autobeef '' ``.: Set the emergency brakes be able to get from Point a to B... Slam my brakes to the dealership with no results or IMPROVEMENTS any compensation as a result of the (. Brakes on many of these vehicles today, that hesitation off the or... You need to do so car lagged, struggling to accelerate throughout the remainder of transmission. The brakes, anticipating the decline, when my car jolted forward and took off, auto manufacturers buy,. Also when in motion and you are driving a 7-speed EcoShift dual-clutch transmission for its 30000 mile.... Not be published the driver faces numerous issues while traveling, which combines extensive survey and... Complaint left on the FREEWAY, Inc. dba Chrome data title, registration,,! Following problem OCCURS about 2-3 time DAILY under NORMAL driving 10-20 miles PER DAY SURFACE! Do with the transmission of your Hyundai Tucson 2.0 CRDi 4WD: 100.000-Kilometer-Dauertest — 09.05.2019 whenever come. Worst complaints are will not be published done this when I just am sitting at a stop sign it have!
2020 2018 hyundai tucson transmission problems