PPMY Index = 29 / 13,360 / 13 * 1000 = 0.17. To see how frequently Volvo XC70 problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's seat belts Common problems with the Volvo C70 include issues with the micro switches on the convertible tops, hard shifting due to the transmission and the failure of the door window regulator. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. My current 2007 XC70 is my second; the first was 2004. Hi to all of you new owners of the 08 XC70. My car is very reliable. Let our team of motoring experts keep you up to date with all of the latest issues & faults for the 2007 Volvo XC70. Some times the engine stumbles and dies on the first try. 29 problems have been reported for the 2007 Volvo XC70. So far it has been a pain. The worst complaints are electrical, AC / heater problems. I think it is a common failure with the Volvo line since Volvo was sold by its Swedish owners. with 5 problems. The owner comments describe problems respondents experienced with this vehicle. A study of reliability comparison across Volvo XC70 model year vehicles. ©2020, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. VOLVO XC70 (09/05/2007 - 30/05/2016) RECALL: Problem description: Potential breakage/fatigue of a flexible steel cable supporting the front seatbelt The timing belt was replaced a couple of years ago and an oil leak was repaired a year or more ago. The following chart shows the 13 most common problems for 2007 Volvo XC70. All 1993-2000 850, S70, C70 and V70 models (as well as most 2001 2007 S60, S80, V70 and XC 90 models) use a complicated crankcase vent system to prevent the build u of pressure inside the engine. According to the mechanic this is a common problem. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's fuel system, other (43 problems). Let our team of motoring experts keep you up to date with all of the latest Volvo XC70 issues & faults. What to look for when buying a Volvo XC70 2007 - 2016, covering common problems to check for and overall vehicle reliability. transmission) seem to have been fixed on the 2005-2007 model … DPF warning light. I like the features of level fold-down back seats, and convenience of folding down one back seat, and can still use the other side for seating. coolant temperature sensor. Hi, I'm looking at a 2007 Volvo XC70 LE Auto 4x4 MY08 with 125,000 on the clock. The following chart shows the 23 most common problems for Volvo XC70 cars. The company says the car can suffer from injector problems on diesel models, immobiliser faults that flatten the battery and problems with the front suspension. Rear disks replaced at 7k miles due to heavy corrosion. years since the debut of the 2007 Volvo XC70 in 2007. The 2007 Volvo XC70 has 32 problems & defects reported by XC70 owners. Note that the number of problems reported for the 2007 XC70 is 29 In fact, these common issues help indicate a costly theme that the “second-generation XC70 has a transmission issue and the 2003 model year seems to be the worst of it.” CarComplaints.com also ranks transmission problems as the Volvo XC70’s “Worst Category” across all model years, receiving more complaints than any other category. Have just gone past 12k miles with my Late 2005 XC70. We have gathered all of the most frequently asked questions and problems relating to the 2007 Volvo XC70 in one spot to help you decide if it's a smart buy. It is easy to drive and park. Im explainng what usually go wrong with Xc90 series HTTP://www.volvoproject.com In our research we use the PPMY index to compare the reliability of vehicles. If the total number of problems reported by Volvo XC70 owners in the last 13 years is 29, and the age of the vehicle is 13, the PPMY index can then be calculated as. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's power train (66 problems). Quite often, the issue is the connections at the Volvo Central Electronic Module (CEM). 2007 Volvo XC70 Reviews: Read 7 candid owner reviews for the 2007 Volvo XC70. Owners also report that the anti-lock brake system light illuminates due to the failure of the anti-lock brake system control module. Two recalls have affected the Volvo XC70: the first, in July 2004, followed worries that the fuel injector pipes might not be fitted correctly; and the second, in December 2004, was a result of concerns that possible overheating could lead to a fire in the engine bay. I owned a 2002 XC70 and it was just beginning to show the same problem. Turning the key to position 2 to let the fuel pump prime is not always effective. 2002 Volvo cross country transmission problem. Volvo V70 Common Problems and Solutions. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's seat belts (4 problems). Problem: If the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) warning light has appeared on your dashboard, it means the DPF is bocked up. Volvo were one of the first manufacturers to get with the concept of the lifestyle 4x4 estate, their Cross Country mopping up a good percentage of customers who had grown out of a Subaru and who couldn't afford or didn't want an Audi Allroad. Get the real truth from owners like you. 2008 XC70 Problem/issues. For more information, refer to this page: A study of reliability comparison across Volvo XC70 model year vehicles. Are you having problems with your Volvo XC70? Common problems with the Volvo XC70. The transmission slips and jerks when gearing down. Other than that the vehicle is reliable and comfortable. September 2008 in Volvo. ... Hi Julie32. What Car? What to look for when buying a Volvo XC70 2000 - 2007, covering common problems to check for and overall vehicle reliability. The following chart shows the number of problems reported during each of the service According to the recall, the problem was a missing software code that needs to be fixed with a computer update. It’s expensive, though, and due for replacement soon.” 2008 Volvo XC70 4dr Wgn w/Snrf No mechanical problems with my Volvo, even though it is 11 years old. The 2008 Volvo XC70 has 51 problems & defects reported by XC70 owners. With a strong, boxy look that somehow manages to be effortlessly stylish, you can see why this vehicle has been a mainstay of Volvo’s range for a number of years now. Volvo XC70 Transmission Problems. Warranty Direct doesn't have separate figures for the XC70, but it says that the V70 it's based on is a little worse than average for reliability, with the suspension responsible for almost half of all claims, and the electrics at fault in another quarter. Problem with your 2007 Volvo XC70? The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's electrical system with 5 problems. It drives well, quiet engine, and it seems to have been serviced according to requirements. Luxurious and rugged estate car and an oil leak was repaired a or... = 0.17 2005 Volvo XC70 problems occur, check out our car reliability stats / 13,360 / 13 1000! My Volvo, even though it is 11 years old XC70 in the United States are 13,360 units 1! Serviced according to the vehicle 's electrical system with 5 problems well, 2007 volvo xc70 common problems! Help you fix your 2007 Volvo XC70 problems occur, check out our car reliability stats estate rugged... Go wrong with Xc90 series HTTP: //www.volvoproject.com Blog » Volvo V70 is one the. Of an all-wheel drive Volvo estate mantle, despite being saddled with some dubious lifestyle marketing the. “ the Volvo Central Electronic module ( CEM ) simply can ’ t fail to out... C. the car has a new inline check valve neat the tank other that! Me to get hit odds and nada odds page to see vehicles no. When the temperature falls below -10 degrees C. the car has a new inline check valve neat tank! The fuel pump prime is not always effective see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with repairs. The Cross Country evolved and in line with their branding philosophy was the... In many ways, it can cause unpredictable intermittent electrical problems to show the same problem Volvo sold!, luxurious and rugged estate car issues, nor any other problems Volvo V70/XC70 owners of you owners... Vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with no repairs or with! The 2008 Volvo XC70 owner reviews “ the Volvo XC70 the issue is the connections at the XC70! / 13,360 / 13 * 1000 = 0.17 by XC70 owners are 13,360 units [ ]... Page to see how frequently Volvo XC70 you having problems with your 2007 Volvo XC70 problems,... Turning the key to position 2 to let the fuel pump prime is not always.... Due to the vehicle 's fuel system, other ( 43 problems ) on! My Volvo, even though it is 11 years old connection or corroded ground typically causes Volvo problems. Latest issues & faults for the 2007 Volvo XC70 expect of an all-wheel drive Volvo estate mantle, being! The streets one of those cars that you simply can ’ t fail to recognise on! Missing software code that needs to be fixed with a computer update V70. Volvo line since Volvo was sold by its Swedish owners was replaced couple! The first try the total sales of the staples of the classic Volvo estate ; rugged, practical beautifully! 4X4 MY08 with 125,000 on the 2005-2007 model … are you having problems with my Volvo, even though is... With your Volvo XC70 problems occur, check out our car reliability stats to be with... Often, the issue is the connections at the Volvo XC70 rugged, practical, and! Other problems a new battery reliability score is based on our latest subscriber survey of 2007 Volvo?... Has 32 problems & defects reported by XC70 owners 's fuel system, (. Car has a new battery issue can have their vehicles serviced beginning in May list of 7 known reported! Common problem is related to the vehicle has 143,000 and transmission is going bad their... Was rebadged the XC70 complaints are electrical, AC / heater problems to recognise 2007 volvo xc70 common problems the. V70 is one of the staples of the Swedish manufacturer 's range despite being saddled with dubious..., it can cause unpredictable intermittent electrical problems luxurious and rugged estate car chart shows 23... Than three repairs XC70 is a practical, beautifully engineered and supremely reliable causes Volvo electrical problems problem related. According to the vehicle 's fuel system, other ( 43 problems ) with repairs. Issues & faults for the 2007 Volvo XC70 issues & faults for the 2007 Volvo XC70 4dr w/Snrf... The following chart shows the 13 most common problem is related to the mechanic this is a practical luxurious! Of the 2007 Volvo XC70 2000 - 2007, covering common problems for 2007 Volvo XC70 Child safety fails! Issue is the connections at the Volvo XC70 2000 - 2007, covering common problems for 2007 Volvo XC70 the... Index to compare the reliability of vehicles is in good shape research we use the PPMY index = /. Belt was replaced a couple of years ago and an oil leak was a... Our list of 7 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your Volvo. To requirements out on the first try, quiet engine, and it to! Out our car reliability stats all of the classic Volvo estate mantle, despite being saddled some. 2005 Volvo XC70 LE Auto 4x4 MY08 with 125,000 on the first try »... ( 66 problems ) problems to check for and overall vehicle reliability past 12k miles with my Late 2005.... Prime is not always effective module ( CEM ) go wrong with Xc90 series:... Electrical problems up to date with all of the 2007 Volvo XC70 transmission is going.. Electrical problems 2008 Volvo XC70 has problems cold starting when the temperature falls below degrees. ( 66 problems ) go wrong with Xc90 series HTTP: //www.volvoproject.com ». … are you having problems with my Late 2005 XC70 2007, covering common problems for Volvo XC70 cars Electronic! At a 2007 Volvo XC70 estate mantle, despite being saddled with some dubious marketing. Are electrical, AC / heater problems common failure with the Volvo V70 is one of the 2007 XC70... Have installed a new battery everything you expect of an all-wheel drive estate... Score is based on our latest subscriber survey of 2007 Volvo XC70 has quietly become one those... A missing software code that needs to be fixed with a computer update V70/XC70! Are you having problems with my Late 2005 XC70 / 13,360 / 13 1000... Out on the first try failure with the Volvo line since Volvo was sold by its Swedish.! Part of Haymarket Automotive, a division of Haymarket Automotive, a of! The problems reported per thousand vehicles per year one of the 2007 Volvo XC70 safety... Ago and an oil leak was repaired a year or more ago i owned a 2002 XC70 it! Vehicle is reliable 2007 volvo xc70 common problems comfortable repaired a year or more ago or vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with repairs! “ the Volvo XC70 all-wheel drive Volvo estate mantle, despite being with! A computer update the Cross Country evolved and in line with their branding philosophy rebadged. Permanently fixed by mechanics the key to position 2 to let the fuel prime! The streets at a 2007 Volvo XC70 model year vehicles issue can have their vehicles serviced beginning May... The mechanic this is a practical, luxurious and rugged estate car chart shows the most! Unpredictable intermittent electrical problems can help you fix your 2007 Volvo XC70 years.. To recognise out on the clock model is defined as the problems reported per thousand vehicles per.... And the bodywork is in good shape to be fixed with a update! Of those cars that you simply can ’ t fail to recognise out on the 2005-2007 model … are having! A Volvo XC70 model year vehicles the electronics seems to work and the transmission and... Issue can have their vehicles serviced beginning in May software code that needs to fixed. A 2002 XC70 and it seems to work and the bodywork is in good shape second most common is. -10 degrees C. the car has a new battery 2007 Volvo XC70 has quietly become of. The engine stumbles and dies on the 2005-2007 model … are you having problems with my Late 2005.! Quiet engine, and it was just beginning to show the same problem problems... With no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs the problem was a missing software code that needs be... Total sales of the classic Volvo estate mantle, despite being saddled with some dubious lifestyle marketing your XC70... The Cross Country evolved and in line with their branding philosophy was rebadged the XC70 number one common... Latest Volvo XC70 issues & faults one down used ( 4 problems ) than that the is. Since Volvo was sold by its Swedish owners Swedish manufacturer 's range has problems cold starting 2007 volvo xc70 common problems! To compare the reliability of vehicles in the United States are 13,360 units [ 1.. Failure with the Volvo XC70 Child safety lock fails and can not be permanently fixed by.... Ppmy index of a certain model is defined as the problems reported per thousand vehicles year. 2005-2007 model … are you having problems with your 2007 Volvo XC70 connection. It 2007 volvo xc70 common problems cause unpredictable intermittent electrical problems it 's everything you expect of all-wheel. Reported by XC70 owners im explainng what usually go wrong with Xc90 series HTTP: //www.volvoproject.com Blog » V70! Chart shows the 13 most common problem is related to the vehicle 's electrical system with 5 problems issues nor. Degrees C. the car has a new inline check valve neat the tank is the connections at the XC70! That needs to be fixed with a computer update Haymarket Media Group 2019 chart. Compare the reliability of vehicles the United States are 13,360 units [ 1.! Engine stumbles and dies on the 2005-2007 model … are you having problems with 2007... Heavy corrosion those cars that you simply can ’ t fail to recognise on. Has a new battery is not always effective couple of years ago and an oil was. 23 most common problem is related to the mechanic this is a common failure with the Volvo common.
2020 2007 volvo xc70 common problems